Posts by eliozo

P.S. Sorry that I can’t provide screenshots. Screenshots from my IPad (2022 model) are too large to be uploaded😒

Hello, if you want to upload more images, I advise you to convert them into jpg files via this link :

Convert PNG images to JPEG
    This free online tool converts your PNG images to JPEG format, applying proper compression methods. It aslo supports mass conversion and bulk download.
    png2jpg.com

Hello Ipacs, as you said earlier, you'd be willing to help me code the flight physics for the A330. I've started coding the rigidbody system :

I'll need help with the aerodynamics part.

Hello,

Have you modelled inside of the flaps, spoilers, slats, U/C bays. Detailing for U/C, is it broken down into smaller parts as per the TMD requirements, IE upper and lower parts (difficult to see from pics) U/C doors need to be in closed position.

The inside of the flaps, spoilers, slats are modeled. In the U/C, all parts are separate.

Ensure all the wheels sit on a level plane, at the moment the nose is higher than the mains. This will cause issues when the model is eventually loaded into FS4 if not corrected.

I'll modify the front landing gear.

Area around nose looks wrinkled, maybe a shading issue or polygons not flowing smoothly. What does it look like with polygons and not Blenders modelling techniques.

I'll modify the fuselage polygons.

Looking good!

Couple of things: Don't add any wing flex in the model itself. The wing flex is done by the physics later on and the wing needs to be straight for this. You can also consider adding more wing stations so that the wing flex becomes a lot rounder. The wing flex is performed per vertex, so make sure to cut the wing and all attached parts at the same location all the way from the leading edge to the trailing edge for the best results.

For Aerofly you will need textures to make the model visible at all. Here is the wiki page describing the required textures: https://www.aerofly.com/dokuwiki/doku.…craft:modelling It's a little outdated but should still be applicable.

A more up to date description of the 3D model files and textures can be found here:

https://www.aerofly.com/developers/aircraft-sdk/

Okay, thank you very much for your advice. I will make these changes.

Thank you for your excellent advice. This helps us with development.:)

Hi Aerofly Community !

i just found this thread and i must say kudos to Pilot boy and eliozo for attempting to make an A330 for the sim !

if you need reference for the A330 don't hesitate to DM me or tag me in this thread, i'll see what i can do to contribute (i may not be that active on the forums, but i occasionally come here so i'll see your messages). In the meantime, here are some pictures from the flightdeck of an A330-343 (RR Trent 772B engines) i took :

Thanks. Your pictures are beautiful.