Can a static aircraft be moved or relocated in a DLC?

• I would like to move the FedEx DC-10 to the FedEx facility at an airport and move the UPS static aircraft away from the FedEx location. Just to keep things straight between the two companies. :S. Can this be done by a user? by IPACS?

Regards,

Ray

• Hi Ray, I don't think you can, unless the object you would want to move is "declared" as a separate object from the scenery.tmb file included in the DLC, so you can use the TSC file to do the changes desired for yourself, obviously having the corresponding aircraft model available as a separate object.

Anyway, I think this should be responded by the AFS2 gurus, so we all can learn more.

Cheers, Ed

• Yes, that is my thinking also. It sounds like such a simple thing to exchange two static aircraft locations to increase the accuracy of the flight sim, but, in the larger scheme of things, the attitude is probably "why bother."

Just in case someone with the key to the static aircraft locations in the base DLC would like to receive a thumbs up for a good deed, the culprits are located at KSBA, Santa Barbara, California.

Regards,

Ray