Still in air, half an aircraft

• Hello All.

I was hoping to find the answer myself but can't, as I know this question was asked just after this excellent sim became available.

For some reason I'm having this problem. I go through the flight plan, location and navigation after selecting an aircraft then go to fly

and all I get is bit's of an aircraft which is about 300ft in the air, coming to land in a paddock. By this time only the undercarriage is showing

and tiny parts of the wings (GA aircraft) before it crashes into the field. I've tried all different ways of closing down but it always starts the same.

Could someone please dig me out of this hole. Thanks

Jim.

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH

• Have you had Steam check the integrity of your installation?

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Thanks HiFlyer. I'm afraid I have no idea how to do that. If you would'nt mind explaining what you mean and how to do it, i'd be extremely grateful and that would be something else I can put into the memory/knowledge part of the grey matter.

Regards,

Jim.

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

1. Restart your computer and launch Steam
    2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
    3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button.
    4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Yes Phil, you are right I was in the cold and dark. I'll try that first then any more problems I will try Hiflyer kind idea.

Those you kindly guys.

Jim.

• Bang on Phil. Used the default aircraft (GA) and everything worked as it should and always has. Question now is why. I'll keep an eye on it then if it continues will have to report it as there's more than me. Thank you for your reply too Phil.

HiFlyer, thank you as well. Excellent advice and I've noted it in a book that I keep for just these questions. I've certainly learnt something new.

Thanks again guys, really appreciated.

Jim.

• Glad i could help. Jet-Pack (IPACS) has the official Cessna tweaked some of the flight characteristics to match yours? It was that aspect that i liked most about yours.

• Dear Olderndirt.

Very sorry indeed. But I cannot find your clear directions. This is my fault, I had trouble following

a compass when seconded to the Army back in the early 60's.

Would you mind another attempt. I'd really appreciate it.

ta

Jim.