Weak brakes on Learjet 45

• Jan,

The tweak for the Learjet "brake effectiveness" (or maybe ineffectiveness) seems to keep getting pushed back. Is there any code tweaks that users can make as a temporary measure to add a little more brake pressure. If unrestrained the Lear will reach 40+ knots in a very short time. We all know this is not correct, but we have been waiting for the update that fixes this for several months now.

I'm sure it is probably more than one contributing factor, but it sure would be nice for it to get some attention. :)

Regards,

Ray

• Hello Jan,

I would like for the plane to remain still and not attempt to takeoff as soon as it is loaded. I realize that some amount of brakes are required to remain in place but, not the level in the current release.

Stopping or slowing after landing does not seem to be a problem.

Regards,

Ray

• Let's try to reformulate.

If I understand properly, you need a bit more "friction" for the wheels:) That the airplane will not start taxiing when breaks are off and the plane is still on idle.

Or you want the plane to be loaded with parking breaks "On".

• Let's try to reformulate.

If I understand properly, you need a bit more "friction" for the wheels:) That the airplane will not start taxiing when breaks are off and the plane is still on idle.

Or you want the plane to be loaded with parking breaks "On".

Yes, you got it - a tad more friction on the mains so the Lear will not start moving when brakes are released without a little thrust to get it rolling would be ideal. Parking brake should work as a parking brake.

Regards.

Ray

• As far as I know, they accelerate on idle up to 40 and more knots and some pilots use reversers on one or both engines to protect their carbon breaks. The question for me is is there in a real life a need to use some additional thrust to start taxiing or does the plane start taxiing on idle. From AFMs and check lists this is not clear for me.

And thanks IPAQ for this plane (and all others, of course), in RL she is so complex and interesting... if you manage one day to implement all her features, the flightsimmers world (or me, at least) dances from joy:)))

• And thanks IPAQ for this plane (and all others, of course), in RL she is so complex and interesting... if you manage one day to implement all her features, the flightsimmers world (or me, at least) dances from joy:)))

I've looked around on the market for the other flight sims and there wasn't any comparable Learjet aircraft out there. At least not with the glass displays.

Once I've got my hands on the operating manually and saw how good it was that was the point where I said to me: OK this aircraft is actually really cool and it deserves some great systems :) Funny how a good documentation of the real world aircraft suddenly makes it so much easier and fun to implement a simulator aircraft. It's like having a great book and making a movie of it :)