Pilatus PC6 Turbo Porter

• Hi guys,

I got a silly question: if I buy this "visually done" model from Turbosquid.com), which is in 3DS Max8 (with exchange format to 3D studio), is it very complex to adapt and finish it, to be able to have a good model in AF2 ? I'm absolutely in love with the Porter, and I would be so glad to have it in this fantastic simulator. If some 3D guru is interested, I'm ready to order this model, and let it to someone to finish it ;-). Greetings, herve

• is it very complex to adapt and finish it, to be able to have a good model in AF2 ?

I am no aircraft builder but I think the interior (and specially the panel with all the instruments) is the hardest part to get done so buying this exterior model will help only just a little. If it would be so easy we'd have hundred addon planes by now already. ;)

• I am no aircraft builder but I think the interior (and specially the panel with all the instruments) is the hardest part to get done so buying this exterior model will help only just a little. If it would be so easy we'd have hundred addon planes by now already. ;)

....yes...I was sure it would not be so easy... But thx for your reply !

• I did something similar for the guys at Outerra, but it was all for naught.

For one, as a general, rule the Turbosquid terms of use will not allow it, and also, those models are often needlessly hi-poly and unsuitable for use in a simulation.

May you have better luck than I did!

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5