• When I cruise at altitude and select Approach Phase in the FMC the A320 slows down...

Why is that ? And what is the right way to select APP PHASE on the FMC and also when?

Should it even be possible to select that Phase while cruising?

Another one:

Is there a Chart where I can see the HI-Resolution area of the new Content (Florida south and swiss) as I cannot see the hires boundaries in the Ingame map?

Regards

Robert

• You don't need to set the app phase in the fmc, it does it automatically at the right time

Correct. And that right time usually is just before the FAF, the Final Approach Fix, which is the very last (automatically added) waypoint of the flightplan which puts you in front of the landing runway. No need to touch that option unless you want to slow down a bit sooner. But you should definitely not touch that option during cruise! ;)

Is there a Chart where I can see the HI-Resolution area of the new Content (Florida south and swiss) as I cannot see the hires boundaries in the Ingame map?

There aren't any charts. Swiss contains the entire country (so not a meter outside its borders) and South Florida contains the part within the green line (see my hand edited the screenshot below). Swiss only contains cultivation (autogen) around certain airports and cities, Florida contains a lot more cultivation but mainly around Miami and the Islands (so still not everywhere).

Edited once, last by J van E (August 18, 2018 at 2:07 PM).