Navigation ILS 109.150 Localizer 22 ILS CATI

Navigation ILS 111.550 Localizer 27 ILS CATIII

Navigation ILS 108.750 Localizer 36C ILS CATIII

Navigation ILS 109.500 Localizer 18C ILS CATIII

Navigation ILS 111.950 Localizer 36R ILS CATIII

Navigation ILS 110.100 Localizer 18R ILS CATIII

Navigation ILS 110.550 Localizer 06 ILS CATII

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• None of these work in Aerofly FS2, no GS.

And Palm Springs shows ILS frequencies in the navigation page but there is none in Aerofly FS2 and IRL.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• None of these work in Aerofly FS2, no GS.

And Palm Springs shows ILS frequencies in the navigation page but there is none in Aerofly FS2 and IRL.

I hadn't tried, good pick up.

Maybe these can be fixed ASAP by the IPACS team :)

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• Hm,

I've tried two of the ILSes that have a glide slope IRL and they are shown as full deflection down, no matter what the position of the aircraft is.

The localizer works correctly though... We'll have to investigate why this happens. It's probably not an airport specific issue, this is an error in the database or in our code when we read the database.

• yes forgot to mention magenta diamond for LOC and no diamond for G/S only downward chevron.

where its at

Maastricht

rwy 03 LOC and G/S yay

rwy 21 no LOC noG/S

Amsterdam

rwy 36r, 18, 36, 18r, 06 All have LOC but no G/S

Eindhoven

rwy 03 LOC and G/S yay

rwy 21 LOC and G/S yay again

Rotterdam

rwy 06 LOC no G/S

rwy 24 LOC no G/S

I love my airliners so its a pain especially Amsterdam being the Premier airport for Netherlands.

3 runways out of 11 functional . Don't mind finding these hiccups but how will they be fixed , a patch perhaps ?

• Hi,

I am new to this subject, as I just bought Netherlands and Palm Springs from ORBX.

First I started to use the new scenery, but on every approach to ILS equipped runways, there was no LOC or GS beam (rest assured I know how to tune ILS ;-). I tried several aircraft, but to no avail either.

Then I tried several ILS approaches to IPACS "regular" airports, such as Camarillo, San Diego etc. , same thing, it seems like all the ILS 'es are gone

Then I looked it up in this thread, but I did not find a post, that the problem is cured?

Anyone with similar encounters?

Cheers

• @IPACS:

Would you please comment on the prescribed situation:

- Is our observation, that ILS signals do not work anymore if ORBX software is also installed, correct?

• If yes, what can be done by us users?
    • if yes, do you and ORBX work on a bugfix?

- if no, what is your assumption, why so many users encounter this, despite the set frequencies correspond with the free. mentioned in the NAV page

Thanks for your reply

cheers

• It isn't only a problem with Orbx scenery: there are a lot of default IPACS airports that show an ILS on the NAV page while there actually isn't one: no way of knowing this until you reach your destination and notice the ILS won't work. This problem has been known for 'ages' but nothing has been done about it. IPACS usually says this will be solved in the future, like with the upcoming ATC, but we've been waiting for ATC for years and recently it was announced it won't be here anytime soon.

The best thing you can do is to enjoy AFS2 for what it is and try to ignore the bugs and missing features.

EDIT

Small tip to overcome this problem: I am not bothered with this problem because I only fly with the Q400 and always use the VNAV option: it can be used in AFS2 on EVERY runway, even the ones without any guidance in real life. The only other plane I fly is the JustFlight Arrow and I never fly 'published approaches' with that one.

Edited 2 times, last by Flamingpie (October 26, 2019 at 4:42 PM).

• It isn't only a problem with Orbx scenery: there are a lot of default IPACS airports that show an ILS on the NAV page while there actually isn't one: no way of knowing this until you reach your destination and notice the ILS won't work. This problem has been known for 'ages' but nothing has been done about it. IPACS usually says this will be solved in the future, like with the upcoming ATC, but we've been waiting for ATC for years and recently it was announced it won't be here anytime soon.

The best thing you can do is to enjoy AFS2 for what it is and try to ignore the bugs and missing features.

EDIT

Small tip to overcome this problem: I am not bothered with this problem because I only fly with the Q400 and always use the VNAV option: it can be used in AFS2 on EVERY runway, even the ones without any guidance in real life. The only other plane I fly is the JustFlight Arrow and I never fly 'published approaches' with that one.

Thanks Flamingpie for the insight

For "heavy" IFR flights I use XP11 anyways.

But especially with the Q400 and its HUG capabilities, an ILS approach in IMC is a lot of fun.

HUG becomes more and more used as a human/machine interface in real aviation.

So this is a very realistic simulation and it bothers me a bit, that I cannot use the simulation to its full extent

cheers