Airport LSGN Neuchatel-Colombier Update V1.1 coming soon

• Something like that ?

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Christophe,

How about your team doing similar makeover for your LFLJ Courchevel airport? That might be a dazzling area for this type of treatment. You gotta love that super short runway with the 18 deg grade. Not too many buildings, but a gorgeous scenic area.

In principle a good idea and it looks great the preview!

I have this on my to-do list for later. On the part of the freeware vf-air.com, where I have an authorization for implementation and publication, there are simple versions of the four French Altiports Megève, Alpe d'Huez, Meribel & Courchevel. But the creation of the Airport-grounds on AC3D will be very challenging. It would be faster, even if it's not perfect, to combine the existing runways from fscloudport with the objects of the freeware.

For the time being there are more exciting airfields in preparation, next two airfields in the easter part of Switzerland near Zurich:

- LSZN Hausen am Albis

- LSPK Hasenstrick (unfortunatly out of service since 10 years / reopening just on FS2)

LSZN Hausen am Albis

LSPK Hasenstrick

The second one is located in the hilly surroundings of Zurich on a sloping slope also with an inclination. Take-off only in one direction, landing in both directions allowed. Ever tried to land downhill?

I also started today with the realisation of LSGS Sion and work on the scenery of Zermatt. Sion and Zermatt will fit perfect together with the objects of drassaud.

Zermatt

LSGS Sion (with the "stade de tourbillon)

Regards,

Christophe

• Thanks for the reply. I have downloaded the two super short airports from fsCP and used your template to add standard cultivation. I think the Bing scenery for the immediate area is better than average and your template generates some excellent quick cultivation.

it is probably the standard elevation scenery that I am using but the runway is just a straight inclined runway and not the wavy real world runway, the ramps are also slanted and should be flat on grade.

trespasses reply will be interesting. His looks far better.

• Courchevel looks great!

Is it based on a freeware or payware? And on wich one?

it’s the famous payware. It was merely a porting test of 3D slope. It works nicely except 3 aspects :

1) it crashes retractable U/C, there might be something with dual face polygons to be sorted out.

2) the original ground textures make a visible array (that’s new, it wasn’t the case earlier).

3) the original ground textures need color matching correction with background.

So, it should need some work to be done on it before asking the author if he would be interested in releasing it...

cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Thanks Antoine. Very interesting. I hope we get to see it one day. The design of the cracked concrete is quite realistic and the buildings appear to be exact replicas like the 2020 image.

Does the sloped runway have the smooth undulation with the flat ramps at the high end?

Regards,

Ray

• Thanks Antoine. Very interesting. I hope we get to see it one day. The design of the cracked concrete is quite realistic and the buildings appear to be exact replicas like the 2020 image.

Does the sloped runway have the smooth undulation with the flat ramps at the high end?

Regards,

Ray

Yes, it does, like the original one, allowing very reaslistic landing and departure operations.

Cheers

Antoine