Flaps settings - individual keys / controls

• Hi, is there a way to assign separate keys / buttons to individual flaps settings rather than up/down?

so F1 = Flap setting 1, F2 = Flap setting 2 etc...

Or (ive not actually tried this)

What happens if you assign an axis to the flaps (is this even possible?)

Thanks

Andy

• Assigning an axis works just fine. The flaps will stop at the next setting if you move along the axis slowly and will move to full up or full down if you move the axis control to the end. I'm not sure about assigning individual settings. 8o

Ray

When Pigs Fly. A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

ready for some voices in the sky? now available . . . Aerofly FS2 RC ATC https://afs2rcatc.com/

• Assigning an axis works just fine. The flaps will stop at the next setting if you move along the axis slowly and will move to full up or full down if you move the axis control to the end. I'm not sure about assigning individual settings. 8o

Ray

Ill have to have a play later regarding this. The axis would be a better solution but only if it sets the flap settings linearly over the axis, is this the case?

E.G. 5 flap settings will be split along the axis at even positions?

Andy

• Hi Andy, yes the range of motion is divided by the number of steps.

Assigning keys for a specific flap position is not possible, only incremental steps "rais flaps by one step" or "extend flaps by one step" are possible.

Since there are varying number of steps for each aircraft it wouldn't make much sense to offer one assignment per flap setting.

• Ill have to have a play later regarding this. The axis would be a better solution but only if it sets the flap settings linearly over the axis, is this the case?

E.G. 5 flap settings will be split along the axis at even positions?

Andy

I don’t think so. I don’t even know how to approach something like that. I have a button on my flightstick assigned to flaps. One increment per push.

When Pigs Fly. A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

ready for some voices in the sky? now available . . . Aerofly FS2 RC ATC https://afs2rcatc.com/

• I agree with Jan that flap operation can easily be assigned to buttons or an axis.

What I doubt is that you can divide an axis into partitions so it stops at a predetermined setting. Most planes have different flap settings so if you fly more than one airplane how would you figure that out. Why don’t you go to settings and experiment?

• The axis has the range from 0.0 to 1.0 (0% to 100%)

This range is divided by the number of flap positions equally.

So for 5 positions you get 20% increments, for 3 positions (up, medium, full flaps) you have steps at 0, 50 and 100% travel...