Trees everywhere in New York DLC away from primary airports

• This is a feature that distracts me a bit, it's like this all over the coverage areas. I'm assuming the PNW area will be like this too.

For low flying and sightseeing purposes it cab be a visual eye sore. Yet an appreciated attempt to provide mass tree coverage, which is thoughtful.

This is why I appreciate ORBX scenery products. It really makes me wonder what tech they use for the TrueEarth regions?

I use detect trees through photo method but even that requires touch ups and editing.

To remove these you need to locate the \Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\scenery\vegetation folder and determine what grids you desire to be removed. I believe they are in level 10 grid sizes.

• Thanks Jake. I will try a few blind guesses and see if I can find a pattern to the location.

Well Pooie. There are 3,307 ttc files in the Veggie folder and no clue as to what area they affect.

I have it narrowed down to about a thousand files. I now need someone at IPACS to help me narrow it down to the New York DLC area.

A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o
    Out now: Hawaiian Islands 8) Part 1: Kauai + Niihau v2

Work in Progress: Part 2: Molokai, Maui, Lanai, Kohoolawe + Molokini Crater

• There are a few ways to find grids. A quick easy way.

Use AeroScenery to find the grids you desire.

Remember level 10 size grid

Then go to \Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\scenery\vegetation folder

In the search area type in the desired grid.

Example: 4ac0_a040 *Now you can delete or perhaps drag it to a backup folder.

• The issue is egregious enough that I generally just turn off trees altogether when flying in the New York area......

Edit: come to think of it, I turn them off in California as well.

Devons rig

Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit /Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard