Trees everywhere in New York DLC away from primary airports

• How do I remove all these trees? They seem to be everywhere and way too many. North of New York DLC area (but inside the DLC scenery area). see exact location on screenshot.

When Pigs Fly. A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

Get ready for the next level of AFS2, graphics and animations you only dreamed of . . . Hawaii Revisited . Coming soon.

• This is a feature that distracts me a bit, it's like this all over the coverage areas. I'm assuming the PNW area will be like this too.

For low flying and sightseeing purposes it cab be a visual eye sore. Yet an appreciated attempt to provide mass tree coverage, which is thoughtful.

This is why I appreciate ORBX scenery products. It really makes me wonder what tech they use for the TrueEarth regions?

I use detect trees through photo method but even that requires touch ups and editing.

To remove these you need to locate the \Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\scenery\vegetation folder and determine what grids you desire to be removed. I believe they are in level 10 grid sizes.

-Jake

GTX 1080 Ti, i7-7700k 4.6, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD (AF2), Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Samsung Odyssey+

Edited once, last by ZoSoChile ().

• Thanks Jake. I will try a few blind guesses and see if I can find a pattern to the location.

Well Pooie. There are 3,307 ttc files in the Veggie folder and no clue as to what area they affect.

I have it narrowed down to about a thousand files. I now need someone at IPACS to help me narrow it down to the New York DLC area.

When Pigs Fly. A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

Get ready for the next level of AFS2, graphics and animations you only dreamed of . . . Hawaii Revisited . Coming soon.

• There are a few ways to find grids. A quick easy way.

Use AeroScenery to find the grids you desire.

Remember level 10 size grid

Then go to \Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\scenery\vegetation folder

In the search area type in the desired grid.

Example: 4ac0_a040 *Now you can delete or perhaps drag it to a backup folder.

-Jake

GTX 1080 Ti, i7-7700k 4.6, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD (AF2), Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Samsung Odyssey+

• Yep. There are a lot of grid 10 blocks in New England, but I can probably find a nice bunch of them. thanks.

• The issue is egregious enough that I generally just turn off trees altogether when flying in the New York area......

Edit: come to think of it, I turn them off in California as well.

Devons rig

Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit /Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard