Map in VR

• No minimap in VR

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• Noooooooooooooooooooooo! ;(

This just makes me sad. People have been asking for stuff like this for literally years. I don't recall anyone asking for missions, career mode etc. I'm a dev by profession so I know all the problems and issues that go with that, but developing stuff people don't request whilst ignoring stuff people consistently ask for really isn't good form.

I love this sim, but they do make it hard to keep at it sometimes.

• I will try this with jpeg VFR maps of the area I Fly in.

Chiefkoch
    April 4, 2020 at 1:09 PM

Its no "GPS like" moving map but it seems it's like having a paper kneeboard in VR wich is fine by me (I like dead reckoning)

Still I wonder if we can access the "fast forward" function in VR. The one that shows on the right side of the screen with moving map while in flatscreen mode

Edited once, last by Kaneka1976 (July 6, 2022 at 4:39 PM).

• I will try this with jpeg VFR maps of the area I Fly in.

Chiefkoch
    April 4, 2020 at 1:09 PM

Its no "GPS like" moving map but it seems it's like having a paper kneeboard in VR wich is fine by me (I like dead reckoning)

Thanks for posting. I'm aware of some of the workarounds from FS2 days. I'm just beyond disappointed they've not bothered to implement it by default.

I know it's a small team but in some respects that makes it worse, as they need to use those resources optimally. How do the meetings go? Something like "Well, this feature has been requested so many times, we should really take a look at it", with a reply of "Nah, let's add this feature literally nobody has requested, ever, and makes it feel more like a game than a sim - that'll should make the customer happy".

I know it's only a small thing, but it's the small things that makes me feel like even the dev team don't want to be taken seriously, never mind their product.

I'll still use it for quick 5 min flights when I don't have time for anything else, but it's hard to look at it as anything much more than a novetly play thing if they insist on ommitting oft-requested features whilst at the same time adding seemingly worthless "functionality".

• There are many more requests not fulfilled: water, weather, ATC, multiplayer etc. What I have seen so far does not animate me to invest. It is not about money, it is the disappointment that IPACS has not improved the sim substantially. I do not think they are not listening, I think they are not able to do more for whatever reason. Maybe resources, and I do not mean a small team but people do not work fulltime on Aerofly FS I guess. I know what even a small team of good developers can achieve and the IPACS people are good developers, much more than what we see here, five years after the release of Aerofly FS2. Anyway, I have Aerofly FS2, still best flight sim in VR and I will enjoy my flights, mainly in Switzerland.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal