Error in Playback - solved

• Shift-W or whatever a user has set in the settings in order to start the playback does not start the playback anymore at the beginning of the playbaqck but just resumes from pause. If you use shift-O for small steps back then it starts there. But in VR one does not have a bar to just move the slider to the point you want to start the playback hence it is important that shift-W moves to the beginning. That is the way it used to work. I do not want to go back by these small steps (5 sec) all the way to the beginning (about 9 min). I do not understand why programmers do such changes. I am sure this has not been tested in VR. Please correct asap.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

Edited once, last by TomB (June 12, 2023 at 6:41 PM).

• Just move this up again so it does not get forgotten. It is frustrating when things that used to work fine are changed. In vr there is no bar I can move for replay, hence I want to go back fully and not by 100'000 small increments. Please bring the former version back.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Keyboard, Mouse, Stream Deck, TM Warthog hotas, GoFlight modules, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, 2 Saitek Pro Flight Quadrants.

The problem is that the playback does not work as before after an update:

PlayBackStart used to move back to the start (about 9 minutes of flight time or less) of the playback. This is not possible anymore. It simply starts the playback.

PlayBackBack goes back in timeline by very small increments. Hence for 9 minutes a thousand clicks are needed. Fine if I only want to go back a very short bit.

It is only a problem in VR as there is no bar to move the slider back.

Regards,

Thomas

• admin : it is working, thanks. The function PlaybackStart has been replaced by PlaybackToggle. However PlaybackStart is still somewhere in the background. When I set ctrl-w for the new toggle function I got the yellow exclamation mark that this key is already in use. When I clicked on that exclamation mark I got two lines telling me that ctrl-w is already in use for PlaybackToggle and PlaybackStart (what not exists anymore in the menu). I deleted PlaybackStart and from then on PlaybackToggle did not work anmyore. I then opted out of the beta again. Will later opt for beta again and see if it works.

Regards,

Thomas

• admin : sorry to say, PlaybackToggle does not work. Hence the playback cannot be started. In the meantime the code has been moved to the live version.

PlaybackBack moves back in time, PlaybackForward moves forward.

It should work like this:

1. Pause (pauses the sim, necessary to start the playback, continues flight when pressed a second time)

2. PlaybackToggle (goes to the beginning of recording, starts playback)

3. PlaybackBack (moves back in time)

4. PlaybackForward (moves forward in time, only possible if one moved back before)

Regards,

Thomas

• There seems to be a different view on what this feature is supposed to do.

The logic is like this:

1) You fly with your aircraft for a certain while.

2) Then you want to look at what you have flown and press the 'Pause' function

3) Now using the 'PlaybackBack' / 'PlaybackForward' you scroll through the recording to a certain place.

4) Press 'PlaybackToggle' then replays the recording or pauses it.

5) Then if you a finished looking a the recording you press the 'Pause' function again and you continue at the position where you pressed pause.

6) As an alternative if you press the 'Go back' function while in playback mode you can continue flying from this point, for example due to a failed landing attempt.

We tested this logic and it works fine if you properly assigned all those 4 functions.

• Ok, I understand. Yesterday in beta the PlaybackToggle moved me instantly to the beginning of recording. This is what the former PlaybackStart function did.

Have not seen a 'go back' function. Is this now live or in beta?

The PlaybackToggle does not start the playback, it does nothing (live version).

Regards,

Thomas