• So, mobile players, you know how FRUSTRATING it can be, when you are at a short final or any critical moment, and realize

'Oh wait, the auto brakes aren't set', 'Oh, the spoilers aren't armed!' 'Oh, the autothrottle is disengaged!'

Usually, in real life, pilots can easily navigate hands to the switches (and they have copilots), but in aerofly, you need to:

Look at the switch

Zoom in

Press the switch

If there is a yoke in the way, you need to close it.

This process takes time. And before you know it, the plane is way off course by the time you look up.

So, can we get a pause feature, which ALLOWS you to look around and press switches (Like xplane10), and then unpause/resume the flight in that configuration?

It would be REALLY helpful,especially on the short final locations.

The auto cockpit would help but would break the simulation the player is trying to achieve themselves.

Edited once, last by Captain AE (June 12, 2023 at 10:05 PM).

• This is not only true for mobile users but also on PC. I asked for this several times many years ago but unfortunately implementation has been refused, reason unknown.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• You can always go around

But seriously, this would be a good addition.

• Well, xplane10 has this feature where you could just pause. And then you could configure the switches, and then resume to be on your way.

And yeah, I never flew in VR coz I don't have a headset, and my PC specs are not good enough for gaming.

And no, I am not talking about a playback slider. I am talking of pausing the current moment of the sim to configure switches. Playback is different.

• Well, xplane10 has this feature where you could just pause. And then you could configure the switches, and then resume to be on your way.

FS2004, FSX had this and I guess many versions before but I cannot verify that anymore. I am sure MSFS has it too.

And yeah, I never flew in VR coz I don't have a headset, and my PC specs are not good enough for gaming.

Sorry to hear. It is best possible immersion and Aerofly is the best flight simulator for VR, especially also with slower equipment. I started in summer 2017 with Aerofly FS2 and a Oculus Rift V1 headset and a second hand pc and I still use this configuration nowadays with Aerofly FS4 (see specs below).

And no, I am not talking about a playback slider. I am talking of pausing the current moment of the sim to configure switches. Playback is different.

Nobody is talking about Playback in this thread.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Since most of the world population is in Asia, and since most Asians use phones rather than PCs or VR (It's pricey here), mobile features like pause and play would greatly help!

Even adding hotkeys/buttons, such as for autopilot, spoilers, etc. would be nice, but would clutter the screen...