• Speaking of which, I tried to simulate flying to the NDB station in a crosswind. For this, the BER waypoint had to be kept in the middle, since the NDB cannot be tuned on the Ec-135. The result is the "dog curve" (I don't know if this is the name in English or not), where the helicopter ends up flying in headwind.

• Gee great news😎

Version 20.23.19.01 iPadOS.

Page 2 of the nav page works, here I have the Basel NDB BS on 376.00 tuned in on a spin from Grenchen.

See the white single arrow for the ADF on the right seat HSI/‘rmi’ (the main blue hsi needle shows Grenchen VOR from). Left seat has the Grenchen and the Basel BLM VORs displayed.

There is a strong westerly wind and about 10 degrees west of the track was a good heading for a straight-ish flight.

All out troubles are so far away…

Edited once, last by Overloaded: Gave version number (October 19, 2023 at 12:49 AM).

• NDB Bearing Tracking:

• When necessary to follow a course directly to or from an NDB while making necessary corrections for wind:
      1. After the course has been intercepted, maintain the heading that corresponds to the Course To or Bearing From the station
      2. If a 10° course devision is indicated (off the nose of tail relative to the needle) then re-intercept by beginning with a change toward the "head" of the needle that is 20°
      3. Maintain the intercept heading until the angle of deflection from the nose or tail is 20° and then turn to a new course heading by taking out half of the intercept angle
        • This new heading is the new relative bearing
      4. If the aDF needle deflects toward the nose or away from the tail, re-intercept by beginning with a 10° change in heading (intercept heading) toward the needle deflection
      5. Maintain the intercept heading until the deflection angle equals the intercept angle (deflection = correction), and then turn back to a new course heading by taking out half of the heading change
      6. Note that larger correction angles can be used if the wind requires
  • There used to be a two-needle ADF instrument in which you could see the direction of two NDBs. I tried this on the EC135. Here I tuned one needle to the NDB in Bern, the other to the VOR in Grenchen. Taking off from Biel, I flew to the Grenchen-Bern straight and then went to Bern.

Settings:

The flight:

I know, it would have been easier on a VOR radial...

• The ADF receiver holds two frequencies on each box so it's easy to instantaneously switch between two in range NDBs. See 335 and 321 on your pic's left side receiver.

(Of course IN REAL LIFE no use would be made of the NEW bearings until after the NAV AID IDENTS have been established. We should be able to hear the NDB morse idents on low volume to assure continuous correct function of the ADF/NDB reception as that system has no error reporting function. Simulation of this life or death essential aviation practice would still be very welcome in Aerofly, the other sims include it).

• The ADF receiver holds two frequencies on each box so it's easy to instantaneously switch between two in range NDBs. See 335 and 321 on your pic's left side receiver.

I think Jan meant that the second ADF of the Ec was not implemented in the simulator, so the two pins of the instrument cannot be tuned to two NDBs at the same time.
    I completely agree with the morse signs, they are missing.