RC-Sim.de; is it coming back anytime?

• So I'm a former forum inmate from the old rc sim forum RC Sim.de, and just wondering what's going on with it's potential reopening. Seems like it's been in stasis for ages.

Are any one of you folks from RC Sim.de? There was a bit of a buzz in the last days about AeroFly FS and AeroFly RC 8 so I figured some of you would have migrated across.

• Hello, no sorry ...

Some years ago we had delete all, after 20 years it become harder to get the money back for server and costs
    ( our "work" was unpayed, what was OK, because we have also much fun on this project )
    with more than 130.000 users worldwide ...

So after 2-3 last years asking and asking for donations, and after the loss of the companies
    that pay for advertising ... there was no other way ...we had to delete all and sell the domains ...

It's not a nice "work" to beg for donations...

by the way :

The same thing happens every year with http://www.Flight-Sim.org .

There have only been 6 donations this year !
    (And some users who donate automaticly every month 10 € ( THANKS FOR THIS ) . )
    But without the money from Aerofly's (IPACS) advertising banners , we would have been bankrupt long ago.

THANKS to Torsten and his crew for that :) .

AND if you like our server... donations are welcome :)

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

Edited 2 times, last by higgy (November 25, 2023 at 4:50 PM).

• Hi Higgy,

I cannot even remember my RC-Sim.de user name, I had the avatar .gif of the walking Easter Island statue. About donations: I really wanted to donate, I seem to recall there was a bit a hassle involved because of changing US Dollars to Euros. I could be remembering this wrongly also.

I did donate a few models.

I'm presently working with Phoenix RC it's not a bad sim, it could use some better ways to generate more airfoils, but that's nitpicking.

• by the way :

The same thing happens every year with http://www.Flight-Sim.org .

There have only been 6 donations this year !
    (And some users who donate automaticly every month 10 € ( THANKS FOR THIS ) . )
    But without the money from Aerofly's (IPACS) advertising banners , we would have been bankrupt long ago.

THANKS to Torsten and his crew for that :) .

AND if you like our server... donations are welcome :)

Dear Higgy,

I read your message just now, and it made me smile a little :)

I understand your frustration regarding the lack of donations, however the next time you announce thanks, do it also for the entire community during the past year, not just the last few days as was the case , last year 2022. For example: (Like those who donate 60.00 Euro one month before)

It's not the amount but the gesture that counts, just like thanks in general.

For some of us this can also become more than frustrating and annoying. Think about it, thank you! ;)

Good Sunday to all!

higgy
    December 30, 2022 at 2:09 PM

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

Edited 2 times, last by Tomfa (November 26, 2023 at 9:11 AM).