Re-add downloadable scenery to Aerofly FS Global and automated pushback?

• I quite like the state that Aerofly FS Global is in right now. The Boeing 737-900ER NG is fantastic, and I love how the sounds make the plane feel so powerful. One thing I don't quite like is how you have to get the global scenery to fly with quality resolutions outside the West Coast. Even then when you get it, you need to have an internet connection to fly around with the buildings and ground. Along with having to be connected to an internet connection, the pushback feels a bit odd, and you have to choose between moving the plane manually which feels a bit off to me, or teleporting the plane directly to the runway, which takes away the realism from the game. Adding autopilot to the pushback system would be a nice small-release fix. Porting the scenery from Aerofly FS 2023 would be a nice addition, especially if you're playing without the internet, and would let changes along with more scenery be added to the game. I know the developers put a lot of time and effort into releasing the new version in a quick and timely manner, though I just hope this gets seen by the devs and gets worked on so that everyone can have fun with or without an internet connection no matter what.

• I quite like the state that Aerofly FS Global is in right now. The Boeing 737-900ER NG is fantastic, and I love how the sounds make the plane feel so powerful. One thing I don't quite like is how you have to get the global scenery to fly with quality resolutions outside the West Coast. Even then when you get it, you need to have an internet connection to fly around with the buildings and ground. Along with having to be connected to an internet connection, the pushback feels a bit odd, and you have to choose between moving the plane manually which feels a bit off to me, or teleporting the plane directly to the runway, which takes away the realism from the game. Adding autopilot to the pushback system would be a nice small-release fix. Porting the scenery from Aerofly FS 2023 would be a nice addition, especially if you're playing without the internet, and would let changes along with more scenery be added to the game. I know the developers put a lot of time and effort into releasing the new version in a quick and timely manner, though I just hope this gets seen by the devs and gets worked on so that everyone can have fun with or without an internet connection no matter what.

Which is better: basic pushback or MD80-style powering back? I for one will be excited for the feature. The internet reliance may bug me though.

Kind regards and safe flying.

-Thekingbuji333

Streaming is practically the only viable solution for dealing with the immense volume of data. Just imagine the chaos it would be if you had to download more than 7,000 airports around the world. No cell phone would have the memory to hold all of this. A cell phone is not a computer.

Edited once, last by Kennedy (December 6, 2023 at 2:15 AM).

what are you taking about? The recoil is wonderful, it moves realistically, the truck has textures and engine sound... it is the best tow truck in any mobile simulator, why are you complaining? You should be grateful, there are people who are happy with nothing

Streaming is practically the only viable solution for dealing with the immense volume of data. Just imagine the chaos it would be if you had to download more than 7,000 airports around the world. No cell phone would have the memory to hold all of this. A cell phone is not a computer. As for pushback, your suggestion seems to be very good. The problem is knowing whether the implementation of an autopilot in the pushback cart is complex or simple and whether or not it may require a long time of work (only the developers could give an answer about this).

The manual tugboat is better, if you observe in other simulators the tugboat behaves irrationally and passes through structures... it has bad AI... that's why it's wonderful that it's manual and respecting streaming it's the best solution, those people who want airports all over the world offline, it is better to buy a PC... this is a mobile simulator, it is impossible to have hundreds of GB of information

Edited once, last by Jet-Pack (IPACS): Merged a post created by Eduardo Navarro into this post. (December 6, 2023 at 8:29 AM).

• what are you taking about? The recoil is wonderful, it moves realistically, the truck has textures and engine sound... it is the best tow truck in any mobile simulator, why are you complaining? You should be grateful, there are people who are happy with nothing

I also think the pushback is pretty good the way it is. Of course, some will have difficulties and for that there is practice that will help users to correctly handle the pushback cart. The more we train, the more we learn about a certain thing. This is something important that users should note.

The manual tugboat is better, if you observe in other simulators the tugboat behaves irrationally and passes through structures... it has bad AI... that's why it's wonderful that it's manual and respecting streaming it's the best solution, those people who want airports all over the world offline, it is better to buy a PC... this is a mobile simulator, it is impossible to have hundreds of GB of information

I've been thinking better here and I have to agree with you. The pushback must continue to be manual so that it does not take away from the realism of the simulator. In fact, when the pushback moves alone it ends up crossing structures. I've seen this in other simulators and I didn't think it was cool.

Edited once, last by Jet-Pack (IPACS): Merged a post created by Beto McFly into this post. (December 6, 2023 at 8:29 AM).

• I've been thinking better here and I have to agree with you. The pushback must continue to be manual so that it does not take away from the realism of the simulator. In fact, when the pushback moves alone it ends up crossing structures. I've seen this in other simulators and I didn't think it was cool.

exactly bro, the automatic tug always fails, it goes through structures and doesn't behave in a real way, I prefer manual that's how I direct it and it's fantastic

• The manual tugboat is better, if you observe in other simulators the tugboat behaves irrationally and passes through structures... it has bad AI... that's why it's wonderful that it's manual and respecting streaming it's the best solution, those people who want airports all over the world offline, it is better to buy a PC... this is a mobile simulator, it is impossible to have hundreds of GB of information

What about people who travel frequently who want to fly to a few key places while they're airborne IRL and don't have wi-fi?

-Thekingbuji333

• exactly bro, the automatic tug always fails, it goes through structures and doesn't behave in a real way, I prefer manual that's how I direct it and it's fantastic

User-controlled pushback is actually much better. It only takes a few minutes of training to learn how to use the stroller.

What about people who travel frequently who want to fly to a few key places while they're airborne IRL and don't have wi-fi?

There is the problem of the large volume of data that involves thousands of airports spread across the world. No cell phone would have enough memory to hold all of this. It is something that has already been explained and clarified by the developers.

Edited once, last by Jet-Pack (IPACS): Merged a post created by Beto McFly into this post. (December 6, 2023 at 8:30 AM).

• There is the problem of the large volume of data that involves thousands of airports spread across the world. No cell phone would have enough memory to hold all of this. It is something that has already been explained and clarified by the developers.

Just a few (10-20) major hubs can surely be stored on a hard drive, right? No more than 5 GB would be used.

-Thekingbuji333

• what are you taking about? The recoil is wonderful, it moves realistically, the truck has textures and engine sound... it is the best tow truck in any mobile simulator, why are you complaining? You should be grateful, there are people who are happy with nothing

Did you not read what I had said near the end? I quite nearly said that I appreciated the devs releasing Aerofly FS early and just suggested some improvements to the game. You need to read things entirely instead of just accusing people of things they didn't even mean. And of all places, you decide to get mad at a post on a forum where people are MENT to talk about the game and how it should be improved. I was suggesting, not begging.