• I have noticed that AF Global is increasing in size. When I checked today it was 13.9 GB. As a test, I started loading the big airports in the Location menu. In about a quarter of an hour, I managed to increase the size of the application to 14.9 GB.

I would like to ask if there is a maximum size for the cache, or AF Global has to be reinstalled after a while, similar to Windows? iOS system.

• I read that iOS cache tends to persist so if you have 3 GB RAM that would not help. I like to do the brutal 'clear all memory resident settings' shut down and restart. From Apple,

1 Press and quickly release the volume up button.

2 Press and quickly release the volume down button.

3 Press and hold the side button. until the black screen appears

When the Apple logo appears, release the side button.

The older iPads with the big start button in the glass have a different sequence. I really don't know if this helps.

I read that cache is reliably released by deliberately using up all of the RAM say by recording a big video file, this was ages ago and who knows if it is true or not? Apple never give real useful information out so there are lots of unconfirmed ideas out there.

Someone who knows about this iPad Cache could drop us a quick note please.

(I hope Jan gets a holiday!).

• Thanks Frank. That is web browser type read cache and I was mixing it up a bit with original cpu type cache and it makes sense to me ….a bit…. more.
    The use of the term originally associated with small amounts of extra high performance ram had me a bit vague, (I (just) remember buying and fitting optional expensive cache chips for my MSFS 5.1 486 cpu computer exactly thirty years ago).

Have you heard that iPads tend to not properly clear operating storage (?) cache? What Aerofly does with ‘simulator’ cache is presumably managed by IPACS, it surely isn’t going to just fill ALL the remaining storage?

• Have you heard that iPads tend to not properly clear operating storage (?) cache? What Aerofly does with ‘simulator’ cache is presumably managed by IPACS, it surely isn’t going to just fill ALL the remaining storage?

I suppose that the cache data are stored as normal application data. Aerofly has to manage it. And it will be saved with the device backup.
    Like all other applications.
    IPACS has the response to it.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Quadrant Airbus | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter | FlyWithLua
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC