Buildings & objects glitch/bug?

• Jet-Pack (IPACS)   admin

Any users facing this issue?

Summary: wavy buildings and objects.

I'm facing a glitch/bug? it has been present for a while, maybe after an update back in jan, ( I'm 75% sure it started after the update that reduced memory consumption) can't remember accurately if this was the case. please check out all the video links to know what I'm talking about, my device; redmagic 8s pro, Snapdragon 8 gen 2, RAM: 12GB RAM (+10GB extended ram), 92GB+ storage remaining, Android 13, playing from UAE.

Edit: the recent updates on 6&7 feb did not solve the issue.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Szh3gHWtWvvDLqwa9 (this particular one is with vulkan enabled)

New video by Khalifa
    photos.app.goo.gl
    New video by Khalifa
    photos.app.goo.gl
  • This looks like an issue with the depth buffer on your device, maybe the depth resolution is limited by your hardware?
    Try to switch between the OpenGL and Vulkan renderer in the graphics settings to see if you can resolve the issue.

Jet-Pack (IPACS)

I tried that several times, the issue still persist, switching to vulkan gives a noticeable improvement but even with vulkan, it doesn't resolve, openGL is worse, i didn't have this issue a while back, if i remember correctly it all started going down hill after the update that reduced memory consumption.

Note: i had a similar issue with the clouds, but the issue with the cloud was promptly resolved after an update.

Edited once, last by Aviator53 (February 9, 2024 at 6:34 PM).

• Jet-Pack (IPACS)

This looks like an issue with the depth buffer on your device, maybe the depth resolution is limited by your hardware?
    Try to switch between the OpenGL and Vulkan renderer in the graphics settings to see if you can resolve the issue.

DO you reckon I can solve this issue on my own without any coding experience or is it under investigation by ipacs? I've searched on Google and it seems it's a problem that's beyond me.

Regards.

• Thank you, I noticed that the lighting function near the terminal has been disabled, so that part is dark, which is puzzling. Will there be a lot of pressure for the 8gen2 to run more dynamic lighting? Only Pixel series phones can run the full lighting function

As of now, the lighting doesn't seem to affect performance, although the fps drops to the teens sometimes, but that may by due to lousy 3D drivers as admin called it. but everything is on high, the clouds are set to high and I'll say the 8gen2 handles that like a charm, be aware also the redmagic 8s pro has been overclocked by he manufacturers from 3.2GHz to 3.36GHz which would improve the performance compared to the normal 8gen2 that's on standard phones, and yes it might be able to handle more dynamic lighting.

also there is less performance throttling on this device because it has an inbuilt fan which prevents it from getting unbearably hot, it's a gaming phone so it packs a lot of power.

• What if that's the case。

This effect needs to be achieved, but in the Android testing two years ago, due to the lack of flagship Android users participating in the forum, the developer was surprised by the test results and urgently turned off these lights. Two years have passed, and Android chips have developed rapidly, with Vulkan and Opengl functions continuously improving, but no second attempt was made, even if the situation will be better

• What if that's the case。

This effect needs to be achieved, but in the Android testing two years ago, due to the lack of flagship Android users participating in the forum, the developer was surprised by the test results and urgently turned off these lights. Two years have passed, and Android chips have developed rapidly, with Vulkan and Opengl functions continuously improving, but no second attempt was made, even if the situation will be better

Agreed, could be the Case, i wonder how powerful a phone could be if NVIDIA and AMD decided to experiment with the mobile industry.

• Gravitational lensing

If your an android user, are you facing this issue also?

• Yes, if you switch perspectives to view the same target, you will find that the waves have disappeared, and the official personnel have already given you the answer. With the player's , software knowledge reserve,there are quite a few users who cannot understand and try to solve this problem. Of course, Vulkan will be better, but it is 7-10fps lower than Opengles on average, depending on your choice

• Yes, if you switch perspectives to view the same target, you will find that the waves have disappeared, and the official personnel have already given you the answer. With the player's , software knowledge reserve,there are quite a few users who cannot understand and try to solve this problem. Of course, Vulkan will be better, but it is 7-10fps lower than Opengles on average, depending on your choice

Yes, Depth buffer on Android, vulkan is better than OpenGL if you want less distortion, agreed.

How do you think this issue can be solved, do you think there's no way out until the devs come up with a solution?

since when did you start experiencing this problem? for me it was all good when fs global came out, it all started when the update was made to reduce memory consumption if i recall correctly.

• Firstly, choosing Vulkan for development is crucial. Secondly, the driver and Vulkan versions support better. 8g2 supports the latest Vulkan 1.3, but I am not sure if its driver is complete. In addition, the adaptation difficulty and technical threshold of Vulkan API are also not low. Most importantly, Android only has flagship phones that can better adapt to Vulkan. However, there are not many users in this group, and developers will choose whether to invest more effort in it

This problem has always existed because you didn't notice it. The reason why this issue did not appear in Aerofly 2021.22.23 is because there are not so many buildings that need to be rendered. Now, when you adjust the building density to the minimum value, you will find that it has almost disappeared

Perhaps Android players should consider why they are spending the same price. Compared to iOS, Android Airport is pitch black and lacks important features. Is the feasibility of implementing airport lighting important for those holding 8G 2.3

• Jet-Pack (IPACS)  admin

Just so you know, i installed Aerofly fs global on

BlueStacks emulator for android on my gaming laptop and I got the same result, (wavy buildings).

Android version (11).

Edit: it seems that this is an Android problem,

those lousy 3D drivers are at play, with a wonky depth buffer, i tried infinite flight, the same problem,

I think x-plane has the same problem too.

New video by Khalifa
    photos.app.goo.gl

Edited 3 times, last by Aviator53 (February 24, 2024 at 12:23 PM).

• Looks like an adroid problem. Tried 2 diffrent android mobile device , and emulator too. Same wavy buildings.

• If you have a gaming laptop, Aerofly FS 4 is the way to go. Yes, may be more expensive but the performance and resolution will be way better! Loading times and view distance will also be greatly improved on the PC version.