B737 Flaws

• Your thoughts on the B737MAX :) 21

1. 11/10 (6) 29%
    2. 10/10 (13) 62%
    3. 6/10 (2) 10%

Jet-Pack (IPACS)

Hello,

You guys nailed it on most aspects of the MAX- the sound, the liveries, and the modelling, but there are a few flaws.

1) There is an extremely annoying "thumping" sound present before initial startup. I don't know why this is there and assume that it is a bug.

2) On the side panel of the PFD, every livery displays "ASA 737" as its callsign while the B787 has airline-specific codes. Can the same thing be implemented for the MAX?

3) The text for the metric and normal altitude measurements on all Boeing aircraft overlap. In the Airbus MCDU, the letter W has some issues with overlap as well. Please see the following image:

4) TO-B IS EXCELLENTLY IMPLEMENTED ON THE MAX. HOWEVER, IT IS GLARINGLY ABSENT ON THE -900ER EVEN THOUGH THE CODING WOULD PROBABLY BE SIMILAR. CAN TO-B BE FULLY ADDED TO THE -900ER TO IMPROVE ITS REALISM (ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING THAT IT OPERATES FROM HIGH ALTITUDE AIRPORTS SUCH AS DENVER OFTEN WHERE MAXIMUM POWER IS OFTEN REQUIRED)

I can't get the N1 anywhere near these two videos (I can only get to 96.3% and TO and TO-B N1 levels are the same- this is inaccurate):

See around initial rotation. That is when the higher N1 is the most audible. (It sounds amazing too! I can reach those N1 levels on the -500 only; sounds like an F chord)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That would fully perfect the NG. The derates on the NG don't work (setting a temperature) but that's not as important.

Please address some of these issues.

Thanks,
    Thekingbuji333

Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments! I'd love to hear them!

Kind regards and safe flying.

-Thekingbuji333

Edited 4 times, last by Thekingbuji333 (February 22, 2024 at 5:46 AM).

• It seems like on the 737-900, the system page displays both the brake temps as well as the aircraft’s flight control surfaces whereas on the max the brake temps are still there but without the flight control surfaces. Is this an intended feature for the max or is it simply forgotten? I would greatly appreciate an answer!

the one on the NG

Edited once, last by Jet-Pack (IPACS): Merged a post created by smokewithadmin into this post. (February 22, 2024 at 11:42 AM).

• Jet-Pack (IPACS)

1) There is an extremely annoying "thumping" sound present before initial startup. I don't know why this is there and assume that it is a bug.

2) On the side panel of the PFD, every livery displays "ASA 737" as its callsign while the B787 has airline-specific codes. Can the same thing be implemented for the MAX?

the thumping was also audible on the -900ER, i dont know why it does that, i've tried to address the issue but it seems to only be present on devices with really good speakers. it disappears after engine start.

also noticed that side panel, where the 787 has airline specific codes, not sure why the MAX's is always frozen as the alaskan code but hopefully they'll look into it

also yeah that altitude overlap seems to be pretty annoying - not that i ever use the metric overlay but yk for those that do that would be a noticeable thing