Why is there no Navigraph support yet?

• We are back to Navigraph (it's the user price per year)

The Navigraph also has a monthly subscription which is a cheaper option. It currently costs €9.05. This Navigraph support is very good because, in addition to being used to update navigation data, it is also used for flight planning in addition to having Jeppesen charts from airports around the world.

• Almost 11 €/m in France. But it is the price to pay.

But for example you can subscribe for one month, get the charts for that month period and update your simulator´s navdata to the latest Airac and at least in X-Plane that update doesn´t get deleted at the end of that month it´s your to keep afaik. So that would be a cheap and easy way to update the 10 year old Aerofly Airac.

• But for example you can subscribe for one month, get the charts for that month period and update your simulator´s navdata to the latest Airac

Business is business, it does not work like this.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Quadrant Airbus | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter | FlyWithLua
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• But for example you can subscribe for one month, get the charts for that month period and update your simulator´s navdata to the latest Airac and at least in X-Plane that update doesn´t get deleted at the end of that month it´s your to keep afaik. So that would be a cheap and easy way to update the 10 year old Aerofly Airac.

It's true what you wrote. And browsing data is not deleted unless the user uninstalls the simulator. It works this way in X-Plane 11, 12 and the mobile version. Even MFS 2020 has support for updating airac with Navigraph. The screenshots below are from X-Plane mobile. Note that in the settings menu there is the NavData option for connecting to Navigraph and consequently updating navigation data. All these files that make up airac only occupy a very small part of the cell phone's memory.

• Business is business, it does not work like this.

Access to Navigraph charts only works while you are subscribed of course but navigation data on your sim (the Airac cycle database you download to your sim) is not deleted once you cancel your subscription so although you can not update it anymore if you no longer have an active subscription you can still use that (outdated) data. In X-Plane this data measures about 150 Mb.

In the past Navigraph used to offer a cheaper plan for updating Navigation data only but now they only offer a $10/month flat rate plan (charts, navdata and current Simbrief Airac).

• Access to Navigraph charts only works while you are subscribed of course but navigation data on your sim (the Airac cycle database you download to your sim) is not deleted once you cancel your subscription so although you can not update it anymore if you no longer have an active subscription you can still use that (outdated) data. In X-Plane this data measures about 150 Mb.

In the past Navigraph used to offer a cheaper plan for updating Navigation data only but now they only offer a $10/month flat rate plan (charts, navdata and current Simbrief Airac).

Navigraph bought Simbrief if I'm not mistaken. Even so, it is still possible to plan a flight for free through the same Simbrief.

• Yes, they bought Simbrief and it is still a free service but without an active Navigraph subscription you only can plan and dispatch flights using an outdated Airac data cycle (2203)

I have used Navigraph services a lot in the past to update the X-Plane mobile airac. In addition to updating navigation data, they also offer access to Jeppesen charts as well as a complete, very efficient flight planning system. And with Simbrief integrated, the quality of service becomes even better.

• I would like to know if Navigraph support will be added to Aerofly to resolve the outdated airac issue. Have you contacted Navigraph? Is there any chance of having this support in the simulator? Outdated navigation data is very bad as you cannot do flight planning in Simbrief or SkyVector because the waypoints and airways do not correspond to those that are currently in Aerofly. Furthermore, we cannot use air navigation charts for the same reason. Jet-Pack (IPACS)  admin

• As I tried to explain, Navigraph is not a solution for all our users because it leaves 95% of all customers behind and would also drive up cost significantly.

But what do you mean it's not viable if you didn't even look for information about it? I completely disagree with your justification. It doesn't hurt to at least do a survey among users and also contact Navigraph to check the conditions for including this support in the Aerofly FS. Again, your justification has no basis. Today, the vast majority if not all flight simulators, whether PC or cell phone, have Navigraph support for updating navigation data, which is the best solution at the moment. Carrying out flights with outdated airac is very bad as we cannot make flight plans either in Simbrief or SkyVector. Furthermore, there are no conditions for using navigation charts because the airac data do not correspond. Please request a new analysis and a new position from the IPACS team regarding this matter.

• As I tried to explain, Navigraph is not a solution for all our users because it leaves 95% of all customers behind and would also drive up cost significantly.

But Aerofly FS is obviously lagging behind in terms of navigation data. And according to my observation, the positioning of the airport on the map in the "Location" and "Navigation" interfaces in the game does not only rely on the runway data in the airport file. It also relies on navigation data. Navigation data also appears to provide some information about the airport. This results in that if the ICAO code of an old airport is used by a new airport, the new and old airports will be displayed on the map. But in fact there is only one of the airports, the other is nothingness. This is indeed an aspect that needs to be addressed.

Thousands of lights such as day, such as a dream, the end of the world at this time. :)

• Yes, you're all so right, but that's why you still don't get it even if you point it out 1000 times 🤦

If IPACS didn't have to constantly answer the same questions, IPACS would have more time to focus on current issues. I think you're now getting annoyed with the same things over and over again

We just hopelessly hope the support of an AIRAC cycle! Even an old one like 2201 would fill my heart. Today I use AIRAC 1301 (c’est pour dire) in Europe for a 96% of fulfillment. It works in Japan too, but not at all for SID and STAR. And today, for example, there’s RNAV leading to the runway at Aspen or Innsbruck, which is not the case in the actual database.

The other solution (not the better one, but at default…) would be to be able to import a .pln file (Microsoft FS) in the navigation menu. Navigraph can export those flight plans include SID and STAR details. A very-non-user-friendly method can do it today, and it works. And there’s not only Navigraph, Online Flight Planner is free and you can choose the AIRAC cycle.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Quadrant Airbus | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter | FlyWithLua
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• Yes, you're all so right, but that's why you still don't get it even if you point it out 1000 times 🤦

If IPACS didn't have to constantly answer the same questions, IPACS would have more time to focus on current issues. I think you're now getting annoyed with the same things over and over again

Man, we are discussing a subject of extreme importance. If you don't want to help us with this issue, there is no point in your presence in this topic as your comments are useless and do not contribute anything to Navigraph's support reaching Aerofly.

• But Aerofly FS is obviously lagging behind in terms of navigation data. And according to my observation, the positioning of the airport on the map in the "Location" and "Navigation" interfaces in the game does not only rely on the runway data in the airport file. It also relies on navigation data. Navigation data also appears to provide some information about the airport. This results in that if the ICAO code of an old airport is used by a new airport, the new and old airports will be displayed on the map. But in fact there is only one of the airports, the other is nothingness. This is indeed an aspect that needs to be addressed.

Apparently IPACS does not want to bring Navigraph support to the simulator. They claim that at least 95% of users could be left behind without being able to update airac since it is a subscription that costs money. This idea is mistaken due to the fact that there is a good number of users who can easily pay at least the monthly subscription to Navigraph, which costs just over 9 euros. This subscription price is even lower than Aerofly's own twelve-month subscription. Furthermore, IPACS did not even contact Navigraph to find out the conditions, much less consult with simulator users about Navigraph support.

• I reiterate that bringing Navigraph support to the simulator is the best option to resolve the outdated airac issue. For those who cannot pay, we can think of solutions such as bringing together a good number of users and splitting the subscription fee. This way it would be much cheaper for each user to update the airac. Here in the country where I live, several PC simulator users get together and divide the price of the Navigraph subscription so that each person gets a much lower price.