• Hello,

My Asus laptop is beginning to show signs of it's age, I've had it for 7 years. I have been getting TDR Failure error with the nvlddmkm. sys file. This has been increasing in frequency. It happens a lot with X-Plane 11 & 12, MSFS 2020, FSX.SE and has now spread to FS4... my favourite of them all! I think I need to change computer as I have tried nearly every 'remedy' that I can find online but to no avail. My requirement is for a suitable replacement laptop as space is at a premium. Nothing too pricey but capable none the less. I have also been looking at micro pcs but not sure of their gaming credentials...is anybody using one?

Any suggestions?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2496 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB (2x8Gb)

GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4Gb.

Regards.

• To avoid future obsolescence could I suggest that you reconsider not getting a conventional ‘desktop’ PC? I’m still using my 1998 Gateway 2000 PC. It is on its 5th storage device, third motherboard, 4th CPU, 5th graphics card, 3rd power supply, 2nd case etc. My 2010 i7 laptop is original and can handle original Aerofly FS.