• Sure, will see how I get on. I'll give it a whirl tonight if I get time.

Just a suggestion: record in the highest resolution you can. That would normally be the size of your display. My iMac is 2560 x 1440, for example. Some movie editing apps, like iMovie, export only up to 1980 x 1020, which is a problem if you want to retain the max resolution the video is made at. (There are ways around this, but they are more trouble than they are worth).

Anyway, have fun, and while you are at it do some aerobatics in and around the bridge -- like looping around it, or doing a slow roll while flying under it. You can also do a Cuban-8 where you cross the 8 just under the bridge.

• Okay, I managed to land with the Italian jet, I forget the name, but the Corsair proved to be impossible. I can touch down with the Corsair but the bridge is not 100% solid and the plane gets thrown about like a rag doll. You can't keep it straight for long enough to avoid crashing and I must have had around 20 attempts. I'll upload the successful landing in the morning. I suspect it will be possible to land the Corsair on one of the other bridges though.

• I can touch down with the Corsair but the bridge is not 100% solid and the plane gets thrown about like a rag doll. You can't keep it straight for long enough to avoid crashing and I must have had around 20 attempts.

Thanks for trying, Donka. The Corsair is hard to keep straight even on level runway. It takes lots of practice. I can only imagine trying to land on the Golden Gate!

And yet you managed to land with the jet, which by all rights ought to be harder than the Corsair. :confused: Go figure...

• Okay, video is up at the following link. You will soon see why it is a nightmare to land the Corsair on - check out the wheels on the external view when landing. Quality isn't so hot thanks to YouTube - it looks much sharper on the original - not sure if there are settings on YouTube to improve that or not...

[video=youtube_share;a0ANTUwZC1c]

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/media]

• Back to thread's subject, if a genie grants you 3 wishes, what would they be?

Mine would be:

1. Clouds
    2. Clouds
    3. CLOUDS! :)

Oh well, maybe they would be:

1. Clouds
    2. Better water rendering
    3. Ground lights at night

And yours?

• Okay, video is up at the following link

Donka,

This is a great video -- good image quality and some very nice piloting. I was really impressed at how well you held the airspeed constant at 163 kts on approach, and then I figured out the information display wasn't functioning at all -- the values never change during the flight! LOL Well, whatever airspeed it was, you managed it nicely.

There is a tiny bit of boundary flying effect when the landing gear descend through the bridge surface. I am guessing that was more of a problem landing the Corsair…

I have posted a link to your video in my Aerofly FS playlist (see link below). Is that Ok? If not I will remove it. Just let me know.

Now you need to make some more videos!

Adak47

P.S. I notice that YouTube processing of uploaded videos does degrade the image quality a bit, compared to the original, but it is not too bad as long as you avoid using some of the options like image stabilization or color enhancement that add yet more processing to the conversion. Image stabilization does not make the video look much better, and crops the image, sometimes significantly.

• Thanks guys. Yes, in replay mode, the flight information bar is frozen since the game is technically paused. The surface of the bridge is not completely solid which is why the wheels keep sinking in and popping back up. Trying this in the Corsair which is already more unstable proved a fruitless exercise - I nearly got to a halt once in it but clipped the bridge and crashed.
    I do have a video overview I hope to finish up this weekend which I will post. Its fine to link to this video in your playlist.

And yes, I do agree, I would love to see clouds in Aerofly 2. The devs did say it might be an option on the Air 2 - I would be well chuffed if they could pull it off.

• Got another video here. It is a work in progress but too long at the moment @ 40 mins. I'll trim it down and add commentary before it is final but it may be of interest to those who don't have Aerofly 2 yet or some of the aircraft featured.
    I've covered the interface, Lighting and shadows, a full flight, dusk and night time landing, high altitude graphics etc.
    Some points of interest are the lack of landing gear shadows on the F18 prior to take off and the over exposed aircraft and blurry aircraft textures from an angle - very noticeable on the 747. Also the wing flex on the 747 as it lands - such a nice touch.
    Aircraft featured - Aermacchi MB-339, Airbus A320, Boeing B747-400, F4U Corsair, F-18, Learjet 45 & Baron 58.

[video=youtube_share;2AN4RLcXBCA]

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/media]

Edited once, last by donka (February 25, 2015 at 11:29 AM).

• http://youtu.be/Ay68xJBoMDM

Did some airwork around golden gate. Unfortunately I haf to abort the final landing and go around because I got to slow on the final turn.

Tried it with the Airbus too, didn't fit. ;) It almost worked on the part of the very long bridge in the east, but down at 60 knots I clipped a streetlight and cartwheeled because steering is almost impossible once you slow down. I think I will keep trying this, if it works it will make a funny video.

• Got another video here. It is a work in progress but too long at the moment @ 40 min s… Aircraft featured - Aermacchi MB-339, Airbus A320, Boeing B747-400, F4U Corsair, F-18, Learjet 45 & Baron 58.

I am 11 minutes into the video and loving it. A great overview of FS 2! More when I finish it...

• Got another video here. It is a work in progress but too long at the moment @ 40 min s… Aircraft featured - Aermacchi MB-339, Airbus A320, Boeing B747-400, F4U Corsair, F-18, Learjet 45 & Baron 58.

Hey, very nice job highlighting all the capabilities of Aerofly FS 2 -- I can't wait to get it for my iMac. You did a terrific job landing in all sorts of aircraft, day and night. I love the replay capability of FS 2, and the fact you can re-run it in different views. If I had that, it would make my life a lot easier when recording AFS videos. For example, for my wheel landings video (http://www.ipacs.de/forum/showthread.php/6914-Wheel-landings) I would be able to land in cockpit view, and then replay with a side view, and then again from behind. As it is, I have to jump between different views while trying to land the aircraft at the same time. Very tricky!

As before, I would like to post the link to this video in my Aerofly FS playlist. Your video is currently unlisted, but my playlist is public, so I will wait for permission from you before adding the link. Let me know.

Also, please keep this long version up and running even if you create a much shorter and more highly edited version (which I am also happy to post). It is disappointing that many viewers have such a short attention span, and only want to watch brief (1-3 minute) videos unless they are packed with action and hair-raising flying. But for those folks like myself, who appreciate the more leisurely and extended videos, it is great to have the option to dial one up and watch it over a good cup of coffee or two. The same with cross-country trips.

Thanks for the video! I am still waiting to see some Corsair aerobatics around the Golden Gate -- I would do it myself if the desktop version were out!

Regards,

Adak47

• You're welcome. If you can hold off, I'll add the commentary to the video but keep it at its current length as it will make more sense for the viewer when things are pointed out. I'll then make that video public. I'll also add a series of shorter videos - each on a single subject.

• If you can hold off, I'll add the commentary to the video but keep it at its current length as it will make more sense for the viewer when things are pointed out. I'll then make that video public. I'll also add a series of shorter videos - each on a single subject.

Sounds like a good plan. I'll watch for the new link.

• I've updated the video overview to include commentary (synthesised). I'm going to create a new thread just for videos to keep things organised on here.

Ok, be sure I get the links to post in my Aerofly FS playlist. Also, you can put your Aerofly FS 2 videos in your own YouTube playlist and people visiting your channel can find them all in one place. Unfortunately, I haven't figure out a way to post a link to someone else's playlist in my own playlist -- when you try to enter the URL for it in the add-to-playlist option for the channel, it won't accept it. It only wants URL's to a video. If anyone knows a way around this, please post the solution here!

Thanks,

Adak47

• I sure will, I'm planning on posting a series of video clips on Aerofly 2 once the update is out. I want to ensure there is good coverage on YouTube so people are aware of this fine sim.

If you get enough videos in the Aerofly FS 2 category, I will create a separate playlist in my channel for just that app. For the moment, everything is in my generic Aerofly FS playlist.