• Things have quietened down a bit in here so I thought I would revisit the whole wish list idea for AF2.
    I realise some things may not be possible but I wanted to have a place where people could add what they felt would add to this sim.

I keep harping on about clouds and I hope one day it will be possible on mobile. That aside, the next must have for me is more regions. I enjoy the current region but I am really feeling the need for some variety now and as much as I enjoy the new aircraft releases which are always welcome (looking forward to the F-15), I do feel we really could use some optional IAPs for more regions to be downloaded. Switzerland is a given as it works so well in AF1 but I would also like to see some island region such as the Caribbean. The expanse of water in such a region would also hopefully make the mapping data more manageable as the textures and elevation data could possibly be reduced.

• I'm fairly happy as is, but if we're making wish lists mine would be...

1 - Better Navigation screen, ability to set way points, or even VOR with tuneable OBS.
    2 - Parking Brake.
    3 - option to steer via device tilt with Manual rudder still selected.
    4 - an additional camera option, same view as cockpit, but without the cockpit, mainly for performance reasons.
    Trailing cam - no model, is similar but too far back and messes with my landings.
    5 - gusting winds.
    6 - random, or live linked weather.
    7 - option to link time to real time for device location.
    8 - pilot head lean slider - for cockpit view. This could be a slider top centre of screen, which would allow the pilots view to be tilted towards the sides of the canopy allowing a better view down the nose on planes like the Corsair.
    9 - Failures / Rain / Cloud - all the usual.

That's features - I'd always like a new plane occasionally but tend to favour the props or the fighters personally.
    You see constant posts asking, please add "insert airliner available in god knows how many other sims here", but I'd personally love to see some planes that really pushed limits at the time and which might not be as common, like the Messerschmitt Me 262, or Dornier Do335 or similar.
    New regions - yeah if possible, but app/data size could become ridiculous, and if Aerofly1 scenery was incorporated into the 2 app, I'd be happy as is.

• Just to give some insight on what you can expect next:

1) The navigation will get a complete overhaul with a lot more features and fully working instruments.
    2) We will add at least one new region. If we can fix two open issues, we will also publish Switzerland again. New regions will be available for iOS only, Android users will see them later as we need to set up our own download servers first.

• Great news, if I have this understood properly, "2" in iOS will in the nearish future have Swiss scenery and working VORs which by definition will have to be omni-bearing (i.e. have a functioning OBS knob control of some sort) to allow navigation via a chosen radial from the ground installation?

The RMIs in the complex aircraft have simpler VOR indication but if a VOR frequency can be selected in Nav' 1 the OBS will need to be selectable to make it functional.

Could the Swiss scenery be less colour saturated than in "1", the Android FS version? The greens all look the same and are not as nice as in FS.

Thanks very much for the information. The forum is a more pleasant environment than the Facebook page. I hope we seem more civilised than so many of the Facebook page commentators:D

• We are not sure yet how to do the controls of navigation instruments. Our new desktop version allows you to directly turn the knob for example by using the mouse. We still have to find a way for the mobile version.
    Anyway, we will have fully working VORs, just the user interface on mobile devices is unclear.

We will see regarding Switzerland what we can do regarding the coloring.

• We are not sure yet how to do the controls of navigation instruments. [...] just the user interface on mobile devices is unclear. [...]

Suggestion: Let the user select his/her destination airport on the map by tapping on it. I think this brings up the airport map currently, I don't have the mobile version so I don't know. Then, depending on the wind direction, suggest the most suitable approach for him/her and provide one button to make that the active approach. A different button could then teleport the aircraft there as usually.

Regards,
    Jan

Regards,

Jan

• Re 3 - no, I'm using Android build. In that now the only way to get ground steering via device tilt is with Rudder set to Auto. If in Manual or Assisted you ground steer via the rudder slider which is too sensitive, and has a tendency to stick when making simultaneous throttle and brake inputs too.

• Re OBS tuning, this will be awesome.
    Remember the AP buttons you had us test once on Android, the once where you cycled your finger round on the screen to adjust. That would be perfect for OBS.

RE Coming changes, can't wait, sounds great.
    Shame that Android will have to wait for the new scenery, but it gives us something to look forwards to. :)

• Just remembered another wishlist item...
    10 - pilot blackout with high G force. - other sims have dimmed the screen as you approach black out G forces which would be great for when using the Pitts or the Extra etc... You have to constantly watch the Acceleration instrument and try to keep it under 8/9 G if you want to be realistic with Aerofly.

• We are not sure yet how to do the controls of navigation instruments. Our new desktop version allows you to directly turn the knob for example by using the mouse. We still have to find a way for the mobile version.
    Anyway, we will have fully working VORs, just the user interface on mobile devices is unclear.

We will see regarding Switzerland what we can do regarding the coloring.

I thought XP10 for mobile had omitted tuneable OBS, after having had it in XP9, but found out yesterday that it is in 10 but only for the King Air.
    Works really nicely. Their interface is that you click near the instrument and slide left or right to tune OBS.
    Changing frequency is done from the map.

Video of the interface here...
    [video=youtube_share;u-ZHrGtfGSs]

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/media]

• Nik, Nav frequency selection via an external menu would be fine for me but obs and rmi or nav display VOR/NDB switching would need to be live and in cockpit. No recent news in Facebook:(

I didn't realise XP 10 didn't have obs control, I didn't get it as it looks so crude compared to Aerofly. I keep XP 9 just for the helicopters.

• Nik, Nav frequency selection via an external menu would be fine for me but obs and rmi or nav display VOR/NDB switching would need to be live and in cockpit. No recent news in Facebook:(

I didn't realise XP 10 didn't have obs control, I didn't get it as it looks so crude compared to Aerofly. I keep XP 9 just for the helicopters.

Agreed on the nav interface. I'd prefer live in the cockpit as it is in XP10. Just heard back from one of their devs on FB, apparently it was a slip up the king air got tuneable OBS. Apparently it was decided not to launch with interactive controls, and they thought they'd isolated them all but forgot one. Apparently it's staying though.

I know this is the Aerofly forum, but I'd recommend you fly both AF & XP10 personally. I didn't like the Cessna which you get for free, but have purchased the Baron and Kingair now. Both fly really nicely. Graphics aren't up to AF standards, but you get an excellent sense of depth and weather perception whilst in the cockpit. Physics are excellent, and weather, mech failures and clouds are nice too. Apps free on Android with planes fairly reasonable. UI has a lot of bugs being new, and regions are tiny, but I fly both this and Aerofly regularly. Worth a try mate.