Good news on the Facebook page.

• :)
    The Aerofly Facebook page has announced submitting an update to apple. It will cover southern California and allow custom navigation waypoints with automatic locking in of the instruments to the nearest ILS and VORs.

I hope that means something more than VORs in only the Baron with a fixed 090 OBS tuned to just the Salinas VOR. They have been featuring working VORs in the iOS and Android product descriptions all along. Thanks to the Baron it is technically not untrue.
    It might mean OBS selection linked to the "Navigation" feature. It is still a brilliant sim and the southern California scenery will be an excellent improvement.

I would be happy with some new in app purchases to help out.

• Hi,
    the region of southern California will be an In-App purchase, but we think at a fair price :).
    The rest of the feature updates are free. The navigation has been greatly enhanced, however its work in progress so expect to see a further update here in January or February 2016 for the iOS version as we progress with our PC version.
    We might even allow interactive cockpits for iOS but this is still unclear. We keep you updated.

One more point: The new region will be not be an isolated region, it will be connected to our existing region, just to make this clear. So flights from San Diego to San Francisco will be possible, considering you keep you device charged.

One negative point however: Starting with this iOS update, we no longer target 32 Bit iOS devices, e.g. no iPad 2, iPad Mini 1 and no iPhone 5. It will be compatible with iPhone 5S or newer and iPad Mini 2 or iPad Air.
    Sorry, we had to do this step as the problems we had with those older device simply we too much.

• My iPad mini retina/2 is not quite 2 years old and thanks to using it every day with the Aeros it is falling apart, dying battery, failed home and orientation lock buttons, problems with RAM or iOS and a loose screen. It is useable but the writing is on the wall. I'm sure that the relatively slower and coarser resolution with limited RAM machines must have been causing more frustration for their owners over several recent updates. Having the iOS and Android Aero FS/1 and 2x 2 versions I could drop Apple and their strange ways very easily.
    It is a shame that the older machines were on sale only two years ago but most iPad buyers then would surely have been aware of the pending release of higher performance new models.

• Oh man, it's great to hear that I can fly to KSAN now! It's one of my favourite airports, especially with the gorgeous steep approach. The navigation is a nice addition as well. I'm wondering, however, if you would add a simulation rate function in the next update, so we don't have to leave our devices on for a long time, and insread fast forward to the descend point. That would be really useful! Anyway, great update, as always :)

• Oh man, it's great to hear that I can fly to KSAN now! It's one of my favourite airports, especially with the gorgeous steep approach. The navigation is a nice addition as well. I'm wondering, however, if you would add a simulation rate function in the next update, so we don't have to leave our devices on for a long time, and insread fast forward to the descend point. That would be really useful! Anyway, great update, as always :)

This. I think if the aircraft is on Autopilot for a given route, the ability to fast forward through this cruise phase would be a great option to allow us to complete full longer distance flights in a shorter timespan - ideal for mobile.

• How about jumping forward instead? Maybe the fastest fast forward speed isn't enough for a 15h real time flight? Insted imagine taking off in the A380, fly to about 10k ft, then jump all the way to top of descent or some other waypoint and then fly the approach and landing again.

I would also love to have challenges like:
    This A380 or B747 is inbound from.... and is now finishing a 15h flight with you at the controls.
    Your task: land the airplane or something like that.

Or how about hijaking any Ai-controlled aircraft at any time
    and land one aircraft type after another :D

Cheers,
    Jan

Regards,

Jan

• What about a performance challenge with fuel burn (!) and a marginal destination. Good flight planning, performance maximising and efficient navigation would get you there. Great circles could be flown with fast forward between course and level changes. A destination on a coastline would have to do until Switzerland is released, IPACS have said that it is not that far off.
    Location map jumping would be a bit of a cheat.