Request for specific default scenery areas install...

• I would like to be able to install AEFS2 being able to select exactly what areas I want to have installed.

By default it installs Western USA and it's high res textures, and if I tick Switerrland, of course that is installed as well, but i would like to install Switzerland only, and then maybe latter the Wertern USA, and NY when i get a bigger disk. Also I prefer to use the Swiss Alps scenery for my flights than the USA regions available right now.

Limited by Main Thread...

Edited once, last by jcomm (January 15, 2017 at 10:48 AM).

• Afaik the high res US textures for the default region are only installed if you manually select the relevant extra download. By default AFS2 only installs low res textures for the region (apart from a few airports or so).

• How can we check to see if the Western US High Rez textures are installed. I didn't ask specifically for them to be installed with the initial download. I did ask for Switzerland and Northeastern areas and they show a check mark in a box and a date for the install. Nothing mentions the Western USA region.

My original download was 45 GB and change and the 2 DLC were 7 GB each.

Regards,

Ray

• With the high res textures installed you should have around 107 GB. You should also see the download check marked in Steam.

• With the high res textures installed you should have around 107 GB. You should also see the download check marked in Steam.

Nope. I have about half that amount. I have 52.4GB total. This is with Switzerland and New York DLC. I can't find a DLC for Western USA that I can download. Anyone know where I can find it at the Steam store?

Regards,

Ray

• in Steam, right-click on Library->Games right hand side -Links->DLC you will see Aerofly FS2- High Resolution Texture Pack for Southwestern USA (Free DLC) - Left Click on it - you should see the button for downloading. It will take an overnight session - 10 hours or so. When you get done, the X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator will have 106gb in it if Switzerland is included

• in Steam, right-click on Library->Games right hand side -Links->DLC you will see Aerofly FS2- High Resolution Texture Pack for Southwestern USA (Free DLC) - Left Click on it - you should see the button for downloading. It will take an overnight session - 10 hours or so. When you get done, the X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator will have 106gb in it if Switzerland is included

Thanks,

Got is downloading, only 8 more hours to go. zzzzzzzz.

Regards,

Ray

Update: Got up early this morning to find the big Download completed and the Sim loaded and waiting for me to fly. This HD load is a huge improvement.

Thanks everyone for your pointers and info.

Regards,
    Ray

• Well, not just like that BUT I gave the following a try and it seems to work:

- go to your Steam folder and then to common/Aerofly FS 2 Simulator/Scenery/Images

- you will see two folders there (by default, that is, so without Swiss installed yet): 'world' and 'usa'

- for testing purposes I copied the usa folder out of there and started the sim

- the sim started without any problems and I could load the sim but everything in the southwest us was utterly low res: it simply showed the low res textures from the world folder! That world folder is almost 10 GB: that's the least you should keep enabled, I think.

In my case the usa folder is 68.5 GB. So anyway, you cannot install AFS2 without installing the US but you CAN remove the textures for places you don't want. And of course you can simply skip the downloading of the high res pack for the US. You might even try to see what happens if you remove the usa folder which can be found in common/Aerofly FS 2 Simulator/Scenery/Places.