VATSIM + VR will be INCREDIBLE!

• Hello fellow simmers

Finally pulled the trigger on Aerofly FS2 and this is an absolutely amazing sim, especially on VR!

I wanted to ask if VATSIM integration is planned for a future update? This will complete this sim in a priceless way.

Edited once, last by Bk7: Grammar (January 21, 2017 at 3:53 PM).

• I agree that VATSIM or Pilotedge will be awesome in VR. However I'm wondering how we will cope with remembering all the ATC info. I usually write it down but in VR we need a solution.

4.6GHz OC, Windows 10 home, 16GB RAM, 780 Ti SC 3GB
    Thrust master HOTAS Warthog, Virtual-Fly TQ3, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, 40 inch 4K Philips screen, CV1, P3DV4, Aerofly FS 2 for pc and iPad.

• Good point but a possible easy solution is:

Take off VR headset, write complex ATC instructions down (e.g IFR clearance), put VR headset back on. We should not always expect everything to be perfect. Lets remember it's a just sim and not real life.

• Good point but a possible easy solution is:

Take off VR headset, write complex ATC instructions down (e.g IFR clearance), put VR headset back on. We should not always expect everything to be perfect. Lets remember it's a just sim and not real life.

Well taking off the headset would distroy immersion and if you have ever flown in a busy area then the pressure from ATC and from flying the aircraft is very high. I would therefore like to use the sim as a training tool as well as for enjoyment.

I was thinking more about writing on an iPad for example, having it strapped to my knee or on a flat surface handy for use. If there was then an app. which could link this to AeroflyFS2 then maybe we could see it on a virtual knee pad.

Thrust master HOTAS Warthog, Virtual-Fly TQ3, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, 40 inch 4K Philips screen, CV1, P3DV4, Aerofly FS 2 for pc and iPad.

• +1, I think being able to import an external Notepad window will be a good solution, and eventually maybe a moving map import as well.

Yes, a map as well would be excellent.

• My rather elaborate idea was that you could have a real iPad fixed in place near yoke etc and the iPad would dual display its screen to the PC which would be displayed on a virtual iPad n the cockpit. Then you could use the iPad in VR and have physical contact with a real iPad. I guess that needs leap motion to see your hands, so a static notepad displayed in cockpit is probably the way to start.

• My rather elaborate idea was that you could have a real iPad fixed in place near yoke etc and the iPad would dual display its screen to the PC which would be displayed on a virtual iPad n the cockpit. Then you could use the iPad in VR and have physical contact with a real iPad. I guess that needs leap motion to see your hands, so a static notepad displayed in cockpit is probably the way to start.

Thinking about leap motion, if the virtual finger of the hand could write when hovering over a virtual kneeboard then that may be the solution, for writing that is.