aerofly FS 2 works with Samsung GearVR

• Hi there,

after some testing I could run display aerofly FS 2 with my Samsung GearVR.
    Yes, I know all about the drawbacks like image quality and lacking movement sensors.

But it was a just a successful test to run aerofly in VR on my Samsung S6 mobile phone with the GearVR headset.
    And of course the rotation sensors of the mobile do work. So I'm right in the cockpit and can look around.

Later on I will give more details, but in the moment I want to go on with flying and experimenting.

Read the full story behind:

A few weeks ago my son came home with a HTC Vive for a week of testing.
    It was loaned from a friend. We installed the sensors, adjusted everything and run several applications with this high end VR set.
    Also aerofly FS 2 started without any problems.
    After an hour of aerobatics over San Francisco and low level rushing with the F15 through the Swiss Alps I was completely motion sick. My family found me wobbling around and with a extremely pale face.
    This immersion was so intense!!!

However we decided, not to buy the HTC Vive right now. But the Samsung GearVR for my mobile was worth the test.

Regards
    Karl-Heinz (rodeo)

Edit 01.02.2017
    This is the setup to run aerofly FS 2 with the gearVR.

Establish a lan/wlan Connection:
    Make sure, your pc is connected to a router, best with a lan cable.
    Make sure, your mobile phone is connected to the same router, best with fast wlan.

Use Cardboard apps for Gear VR:
    Install the cardboard app on your mobile.
    Run the app and switch to cardboard mode.
    Without this the gearVR will automatically start the oculus home app as soon as you place your mobile into the gearVR.
    The cardboard app allows to toggle between cardboard mode and gearVR mode.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hecorat.cardboard4gearvr&hl=de

VRidge:
    Install the vridge app on your mobile.
    This enables RiftCat to connect to your headset.
    After start of the app it displays a connection code.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riftcat.vridge&hl=de

RiftCat:
    Install RiftCat vridge client on your pc and run the app.
    It will automatically find your mobile when vridge is enabled on both devices.

https://riftcat.com/vridge

Select the button Play Steam VR games in the riftcat application.
    Select Play in VR in the steam window. Enjoy!!!

• Can Aero be made to display reversed side by side (Right on the left AND Left on the right) stereo images? With fairly easy crossed eyes viewing, high quality full colour 3 D images can be seen.

I use the Nvidea card Ctrl plus T selection to view Euro Truck Simulator 2 with red/cyan glasses, the colour is not perfect but the stereo image is good and it is cheap. I haven't seen or tried side by side in the graphics card software.

I believe Jan has said it would not work with Aero Open GL software? Is there another software route?

(Rodeo I viewed the Corsair cockpit with the stare into space parallel gaze method and got a really nice 3 D image, the firewall and pedals are way behind the instrument panel and the flap lever is way forward!, I would like more.:p)

• I have added the installation manual to the post above.
    It's really fun on a cheap level but way behind an oculus or vive setup.
    At least ist works technically and that's what I wanted to achieve.

Regards
    Karl-Heinz (rodeo)