Now we need someone to build new airports - Dallas/Ft.Worth, Memphis, New Orleans . .

• With Rodeo and Dave's new NAS Whidbey in far NW Washington state and the imminent new Key West area with Key West Intl and NAS Key West airports by Jeff in far SE Florida, we need a few mid-continent airports.

Anyone willing to tackle KDFW, KMEM, KMSY or KATL? or other suggestions.

Regards,

Ray

• Thinking about this strategically, JV at Orbx said that transferring scenery was a fairly straightforward process, probably especially as Orbx has been using photoscenery more and more anyway.

Couple relative ease of transfer and this new Autogen whatsis, and it's probably going to be fairly attractive for scenery designers to transfer existing airports (hey, extra cash from an already completed project!) then surround them with Autogen, especially in limited coverage areas like islands (think hawaii)

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Honolulu/Hickam, MCAF Kaneohe Bay, Wheeler, Dillingham, Kahului, Hilo, Kailua-Kona, Lihue and Dübendorf.
    Thanks.

I would jump with joy to see an announcement for Oahu scenery in AF2.

Regards,
    Ray

• Thinking about this strategically, JV at Orbx said that transferring scenery was a fairly straightforward process, probably especially as Orbx has been using photoscenery more and more anyway.

Couple relative ease of transfer and this new Autogen whatsis, and it's probably going to be fairly attractive for scenery designers to transfer existing airports (hey, extra cash from an already completed project!) then surround them with Autogen, especially in limited coverage areas like islands (think hawaii)

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

The upcoming Meigs Field is most likely a direct port over to AF2. We shall see.

Regards,
    Ray

• looking at orbx's work and that fabulous upcoming salzburg scenery
    they seem to avoid autogen with a passion.

Spreading identical airports around the globe is a thing, ipacs has to avoid.

The hawaiian islands are feasable for realistic residencial looks and still would perform well,
    with a tremendous outcome of beauty. A perfect project for Orbix and IPACS.
    the hills between honolulu harbour and diamond head allow some autogen.

Transfering standard buildings or airports fills the place but hurts the product to my oppinion.
    Try fly from laguardia to the hamptons, you will be disappointed what you see there.

Poeple travel, they know how things look like at their favourite airports. Let's not anger them with autogen. Time for authenticity.

Matt Wagner told me today that building sims has become so much different today than 5 years ago,
    looking at how they built cities and airbases in the crimean theatre in the old days. There was no difference whether
    you land in one or a another airport. DCS' crimean theatre is a relict of that time.

Nevada and Normandie work with a lower share of autogen now, to rise the overall product quality and authenticity.
    You are not investing into a totally realistic airplane model and not do the same thing for the airports.
    Real-world-3D will be standard soon.

So, can i have Hawai'i now? and Miami. Gosch, i hope they work on it.

• Ray, from your nasa days, how about the space shuttle, cape canaveral and florida anyway.
    Would that be something worth to push?

How are your contacts to the former shuttle project managers?

Actually I am so damn old that all my contacts pre-date the Shuttle program. Ha. But, I have a ton of logged hours flying around Florida and would love to see any detailed scenery of anything in the state.

Regards,
    Ray