Dark 737 instrument needles

• Is anyone else getting this? My Aero is a fresh reinstall following the giant update.
    It was perfectly fine before the current version. The monitor is a 1080 so it should not overtax a 2 GB graphics card. I was using ultra graphics settings all-round with the older version and everything was normal, fast and smooth. The drivers were updated after this glitch.
    The cpu is a pentium anniversary 2 core over-clocked at a stable 4.3 GHz and the graphics card is a strix asus also stably over-clocked. They were fine with these settings before the big and mini upgrades. I know I only have two cores but they are fast and my graphics performance should be very comfortable.

I get a very occasional freeze on the shutdown menu second page. This also was present (much worse actually) before the Geneva revision.

• Official Post

Are you on the latest version of Aerofly FS2? You should be on EA4.26.
    Also, try to set your graphics settings down to low and turn off clouds to see if the problem resolves itself, then gradually move the settings up to where you still don't have this problem.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I'll try low settings. It was there before I updated the drivers, I updated because of the 'bug'. It appeared after the huge update. I wonder if it is tied to the steam update? I got a big hybrid hard disk so I might try to re-install again and put Aero on it. Hybrid might (!) help FS2 if I only have it on the drive.
    Thanks for replying!!

• I tried lower graphics settings and got plain grey instrument needles with only ultra texture quality giving black. The 737 is remarkably slow to load, Aero is still on a SSD and a flight replay gave a main executable error crash. I get intermittent menu response confusion with the screen returning to the original menu page or to a random menu item such as shut down when aircraft has been selected. This all started when I deleted Aero and reinstalled to get the giant update in. This crash took place during playback of a 737 flight, it seems to have a scenery function displayed.

The menu page greys for a moment when selecting a graphics setting with the 737 selected.
    The Aero drive has 60 GB of free space.

• Have you had steam check your file integrity?

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• No!, never heard of that. I noticed that I am on version 2.0.1 EA4.16 (20170420). Jeff says I should have EA4.26 . I have been trying to see a way to force an update but have seen nothing. I think uninstalling Aero might have affected my Steam set-up. I got the Utah scenery in but the reinstall was supposed to be the post giant update version.

• Official Post

No!, never heard of that. I noticed that I am on version 2.0.1 EA4.16 (20170420). Jeff says I should have EA4.26 . I have been trying to see a way to force an update but have seen nothing. I think uninstalling Aero might have affected my Steam set-up. I got the Utah scenery in but the reinstall was supposed to be the post giant update version.

Are you opted into the beta channel?

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Yes but I think my Steam is not right. My Eurotruck 2 set up was on about having 2 versions of steam present. I had to get a new steam password to reinstall Aero and I was prompted by Eurotruck-steam to reset my steam account via a menu that didn't seem to make any sense.
    Aero was the first time I tried Steam, I seem to have missed the easy boat.

P.S.
    I was unable to rejoin beta after uninstalling and reinstalling Aero, the lower library menu place that I thought was beta is now a VR option. What is the current non beta version number please?

Edited once, last by Overloaded: not actually in beta now. (May 10, 2017 at 2:29 AM).

• Thanks for that suggestion HiFlyer. The integrity check prompted me to delete and reinstall. I'll put the reinstall into my new big hybrid disk which I'll try to keep Aero only so that the solid state element is for Aero frequent files only.
    I have to say that the 70+ GB download has been an unpleasant experience and I hope IPACS have learned from it so that the widespread mayhem is not repeated. I'll be using OrbxDirect to download Innsbruck and Chicago Miegs, they could not be any worse than this update.