Posts by kai503

Hi Guys,

It's almost 4 years since I have published the Baby for Fs2. I had it all the time in mind to convert it to Fs4, but didn't manage yet. Last Saturday a nice fellower asked me about the Baby, so I used the weekend to get it at last done.

I gave it also a little update:

-Small fixes to the 3d model and textures

-Slightly stronger ambient occlusion on the exterior

-Updated aerodynamics. It should fly a bit more realistic now (I said realistic, not better :D )

-Clickspots fixed

-Two new repaints

The original one is fictive, but pretty much how one would expect a glider from the 30s.

HB-234 is located at Neuchâtel, Switzerland. The right person knows why I have included it :)

D-3856 is owned by the Oldtimer Segelflug Club Wasserkuppe (Vintage glider club Wasserkuppe)

Alright. Here it is: CLICK

Best Regards,

Kai

Hi Douglas,

How do you open the front doors of the UH60...? They unlatch but don't open.

After unlatching, left click on the grip (above the yellow "PULL").

I can open the rear cargo doors but there doesn't seem to be a click spot to close them.....?

The clickspot moves with the door backwards. I just tested it and it looks like it moves out of range. When you change the seat position with the arrow keys back into the seat, you will be able to close the cargo door.

I will note it to Jan, but he's very busy with the Concorde right now.

Cheers,

Kai

Moikka,

I have taken over the Carbon Cub from an other fellower a few years ago and have done some work on it. But, by best will, I don't have time to finish it.

So, if you are interested, I might pass it forward to you.

Cheers,

Kai

(Puoli suomalainen, puoli saksalainen. Mutta mun suomi on hyvin huono.)

In fact, no.

Yes, I experienced it three times in a row. From all what I have been reading in the internet, 50% say it is no problem und 50% lost the download progress..

Was habt ihr alle für eine Internetleitung, bei mir ist das in 2 Stunden rundergelad!!!!! :/

Wenn ich vor die Türe geh, dann bin ich mitten in der finnischen Natur und zum See sind es 5 Meter. Dafür kann ich mit einem langsamen Internet gut leben 8o

Kai

;( Wääää-... fourth time I try to download the 200 GB from steam. Another two day tryout. I have a good internet connection but steam does not let me download with an appropiate speed. And always if I have to interrupt I have to start new. Is there a possibility to download in parts? Or spead up steam?

Hallo Michael,

I had the same problem. Steam should continue the download from where it ended. From what I was reading in the internet, it should work when making a backup of the batch files (steam/steamapps/downloading) before closing steam. After the next start, the files will be writen new. Pasting the backups and the download should continue where it ended.
    Well, for me it didn't work out, so I uninstalled the DLCs. The main program has around 50 GB, what is more easy to handle. Now I'm just adding the DLCs one after one back again.

Grüsse,

Kai

Hi Daniel,

Before going trough the reinstallation process, I would try to delete (backup before) the main.mcf file in the user document folder. It will be writen new at the next startup and all settings will be default.

If nothing helps; On Steam, right click on Fs4 (left side where all the Steam products are listed) -> Manage -> Deinstall
    (Or something similar. I have the German version installed, sorry)

Edit:

Jet-Pack (IPACS)

Jan, I gave it a try and assigned an other key under Controls -> General -> Application -> Back Naturally, it worked, but now it's not accepting Esc for setting it back anymore.

Cheers,

Kai

The content converter is doing the job. Rename the file accordingly and you have it in the sim.

But I very much doubt it will give a convincing result. There are usually several sounds for the engines, for the 777 I see 8 files. It's a lot of trail and error to get them working properly together (mapping of volume and pitch in the tmd).

And there we are talking about professionally recorded sounds. Just a little difference between beginning and end of the loop will be noticeable right away.

I would really recommend not to mess with the sounds around until you very well know what you are doing and having perfect recordings.

Kai

Hallo Jürgen,

Ist schon ein paar Jahre her, dass ich die ganzen Photoscenerien erstellt habe. Da waren bei allen Diensten hier und da komische Dinger drin. Teilweise schneebedeckt, dann wieder Wolken, usw. Google hatte meist die bessere Auflösung, bin aber ab und zu auf Bing ausgewichen.

Inzwischen sind die Bilder wesentlich besser. Hab die letzten 1-2 Jahre ein paar kleinere Scenerien gemacht und bin immer gut mit Google gefahren. Allerdings auch mehr aus Gewohnheit. Bing sieht inzwischen auch besser aus. Ich würde den geplanten Bereich einfach im Browser vergleichen und dann die niedrigen Level konvertieren (09 - 11). Wenn das Ganze stimmig aussieht, einfach die höheren Level konvertieren und die Daten in den gleichen Ordner packen.

Viele Grüsse,

Kai

Hallo,

Ich würde mit Level 09 - 13 anfangen und schauen ob es so reicht.

Die Bilder, welche ich gezeigt habe, sind inklusive Level 14. Habe ich allerdings auch nicht überall, da das Konvertieren ziemlich lange dauert.

Level 15 verwende ich nur um Flugplätze herum.

Kleine Anmerkung. Unter Settings -> Image Processing kann man die Farben anpassen.

Meine Einstellung:

Bitte mit Vorsicht genießen. Die Luftaufnahmen von Deutschland sind ein einziger Flickenteppich. Ländliche Gebiete sehen damit meist gut aus, gerade grössere Städte brauchen gewöhnlich noch Nacharbeit in Photoshop. Am Besten erstmal Level 09 bis 11 versuchen (ist in ein paar Minuten konvertiert).

Grüsse,

Kai

Hatte leider noch keine Zeit den FS4 ausgiebig zu testen, aber nach meiner Meinung reicht die Auflösung wenn man höher als 5000 ft fliegt.

Da ich meist VFR in meiner alten Heimat (Baden Württemberg) unterwegs bin, habe ich einfach meine alten Luftbilder aus dem FS2 wiederverwertet. Zusammen mit der neuen Cultivation gefällt mir das richtig gut

Die Datenmenge für mein BW entspricht übrigens ziemlich genau dem DLC für ganz Europa.

Mit dem AeroScenery selbst Hand anzulegen ist ja nicht so ein Problem und dann hat man sein bevorzugtes Gebiet in der Auflösung, die man haben will.

Grüsse,

Kai