Posts by Spit40

Genius! Jeff was hinting about not linking to an airport but you've followed it through to a great solution. Now we need to do some performance tests. With this approach and the great UK OS opendata i could cultivate the entire uk in one go. Surely that is too much, so do we make multiple autogen locator files and what area makes sense.

I never use mask, in fact I omit the line pertaining to mask altogether. Using masks are problematic and there could actually be a bug in Aerofly with using them.

I guess i'll have to test with them. Give me a little bit here as I look more into this, but since I don't use mask and have never seen pop-up of scenery then I suspect it's causing some type of problem with your sceneries.

The goal for geoconvert to be successful is to make it as simple as possible.

Thanks Jeff. I forget where I got it from. I think Rodeo advised it at some point when I was having trouble. A month or two back now.

Maybe i'm missing something here but I'm really not too sure what you mean by geoconvert masks?

The TMC is very straight forward and that's pretty much all you need to make successful scenery.

Are you referring to a tool that someone made and not tested by IPACS here?

Here's an example Jeff. Its these [write_images_with_mask] lines I think people area asking about and aren't explained in the wiki. I need them true so my coastlines appear but I know they also have a role wrt the size of FS2's tiles at different levels.

<[file][][]

<[tmcolormap_regions][][]

<[string] [folder_source_files][./input_aerial_images/]>

<[bool] [write_ttc_files][true]>

<[string8][folder_destination_ttc][./scenery/images/]>

<[bool] [write_raw_files][true]>

<[string8][folder_destination_raw][./scenery/images_raw/]>

<[bool] [always_overwrite][true]>

<[bool] [do_heightmaps][false]>

<[bool] [write_images_with_mask][false]>

<[list][region_list][]

<[tmcolormap_region][element][0]

<[uint32] [level] [9]>

<[vector2_float64] [lonlat_min] [-3.27 54.74]>

<[vector2_float64] [lonlat_max] [-2.69 54.40]>

<[bool] [write_images_with_mask][true]>

>

<[uint32] [level] [11]>

>

<[uint32] [level] [12]>

>

<[uint32] [level] [13]>

>

>

>

>

Wouldn't be possible to leave that number "open", selectable from a dropdown list?. That way the user would decide on the number of parking spots to define, as well as runways?.

Just asking ;)

Cheers, Ed

I am going this way for coding simplification. You just fill in as many as you need and the blank ones, if there any, are ignored. If there is pressure for more slots it won't be too hard to add more later.

Rodeo many thanks. That's just what i needed and very timely. I hope to offer this to some testers today.

Excellent idea. Please don't forget to add the possibility of having several parking spots, the required (dummy) runway object file section, the cultivation section even if it's empty...

Cheers, Ed

The data will be held in a database rather than a static TSC file, so if IPACS change the recommended config it will be easy to tweak the output to redownload in the new format. GUI now built, just working on the database side.

On it Ed!

I do plan to include cultivation as well as modelling __runway type stuff, but commented out or blank. For ease it won't allow unlimited parking runways. I'm thinking 4 parking places and 4 runways max.

I'm building a website for rapid creation of airport TSC files. Screenshot shows the idea. You just click on the map and it populates the relevant boxes for runways, towers etc, calculating LonLat co-ords and runway widths. Then it will let you download a completed TSC file. Oh, and it will store the file so others can download everything everyone has created. So I do everything right I just want to check.

1. Does it need to know the runway elevation as long as autoheight is true? i.e. this line <[float64] [height] [14.00]>
    2. If I leave tower height 30 is that good enough for most situations? <[float64] [tower_height] [30.0]>
    3. What difference does this make? <[float64] [size] [5000]>
    4. What are the options/implications for these: <[string8] [appltsys1][rail]> and <[string8] [reil1][none]>

Then I'll just need a good name for it? Rapport maybe?

Hi Phil

Ecky thump lad, reet grately what your doing

How about asking the gods if you can post them for everyone to use, must be someway we can do this , no point reinventing the wheel every time. Will try this cultivation lark eventually, when i get some time off from EGGP.... never again

Cultivation for a car park, now that would help

Steve

Steve,

Eee by eck and by eckers like 'appen. Send me your email. I'm not sure the powers would go for it. Cultivation is a bit WIP at the moment. Actually try this:

Try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x25a6bw35y69…x_phil.zip?dl=0

Great news Ian. I understand your 'wow'. The trees must be a simple thing. As for the UK buildings i photoshopped the bmp files and reconverted. You can have a copy if you like. I still find they come out very vivid though. FS2 boosts the vibrancy even though i toned down a lot.

Thanks for confirming importogr is the way to go.

I was about to write up a simplified approach that avoids QGIS. Its not yet tested but Arno at SendProc suggested this:

• Use the SHP files as-is, skipping steps 5 & 6
    • Change the SCP file from post #7 to replace lines as below (changes in 3 places)

Old

ImportOGR|D:\aerofly_fs_2_sdk_tools_oct17\Cultivation\OS Download\opmplc_essh_sd\sd_building.kml|*|FEATCODE|NOREPROJ

New

ImportSHP|D:\aerofly_fs_2_sdk_tools_oct17\Cultivation\OS Download\opmplc_essh_sd\sd_building.shp|*|FEATCODE|AUTODETECT

Ed, due to the two airports sharing the same cultivation files, if you select one of the airports then go back and select the other one during the same Aerofly session you will get double exposure on the cultivation. For now, if you wish to try both airports, exit out of Aerofly between them.

We are looking into this as it may be a bug.

"double exposure" that makes so much sense given what I've been seeing for weeks, especially because cultivation randomises the building styles, so it looks like some buildings are flickering between dark walls and light walls.

So do I need to re-create all my converted files, or can I just use the generator to create a new TMC file for the ones I have?

Does this solve the popping up of scenery tiles?

Thanks!

Andrew

I think the TMC is just a script telling Geoconvert what to do, so if the TMC changes Geoconvert needs to be run again. I think. As for whether it will solve the popping up issue, it is my recollection (from a couple of months ago) that setting masks true solved my popping up problem as well as allowing my coastline to appear.

Jeff says this is all in the Wiki but I'm struggling to find it.

I'm not too sure what you are asking here?

I update the wiki with all valid information that we clear as proper information internally.

You appear to have questions only pertaining to a specific problem that you are having. With this you should post questions on the forum.

Am I in the right place? https://www.aerofly.com/aerofly_fs_2/d…enery_creation4

I don't see any lines in the TMC which set masks true or false

I just upgraded my TMC generator to allow you to enable masks on any particular level.

http://ndgrad.co.uk/fs2/fset2tmc/

We do really need a better wiki though. I had to enable masks to get my coastline to appear, but there are some FAQ type things I could use definitive advice on:

1. Adding adjacent scenery. It seems from advice in this thread that you just overlap with what you already have, but I thought the whole masks off business was introduced to avoid those black lines and fuzzy transitions that people were getting a few months ago. So when do you switch masks on or off
    2. And at what levels do you switch masks on or off? Every level or no levels or is there a reason for in between
    3. What is best practice for adding an area within the same area that is at higher resolution? How does FS2 know which one takes priority?

Answers here are great, but really it would be nice to have them in a definitive location. Hmm - I'll add them to my above web page if I get them.