Posts by Jetjockey10

Yes, the sound engine needs an extensive amount of work to bring it up to par. Right now we basically have idle-full power. The rpm transition is sorely lacking in the middle. I can create rudimentary work around fixes for now, but I have to have a fully functioning sound engine script to polish the audio up to gold standard. It is my wish to be able to do that for Aerofly 2, I love this simulator! After all, sound is at least half the fun :) Cheers all AF2 Pilots

Good to hear from you. Gold Standard sounds would be great for AFS2.

Regards,

Ray

That worked. If you're having the same problem, please note that I needed to follow the above advice exactly. If you are using the Nvidea experience to keep up to date with your drivers, it didn't work for me. I needed to download the exact drive for my GTX 1060 6gb card. That did the trick, and I'm now exploring the features of the new upgrade. Thanks for the help everyone!

Good to hear. Thanks for reporting back.

Regards,

Ray

You can right click any point on the nav chart and add a checkpoint at that location. No need to use the closest intersection. You can also click and drag any flight path to a new location, just drag it to where you would like to have it.

"BTW Something that doesn't help is the altitude that AFS2 calculates for the FAF (which can be seen on the MCDU in the Airbus): I noticed it's around 2000 ft above the landing altitude. 2500 or even 3000 might be better!" J van E

If you are above the published FAF you will not be able to intercept the Glide Slope at that point.

Regards,

Ray

Hello Jozef,

Welcome to the ASF2 flight sim users support forums.

It appears to me that the Q400 has the most up-to-date panel and comes with a short flight tutorial. The HUD was just added so you will have to work that into the existing flight tutorial for now. Lots of bells and whistles, literally. There seems to be an unlimited number of alarms if you do not fly according to the manual. This discourages one from "jump in and fly".

The a320 has some new sounds, has the first cut at waking up the CDU for the sim - 20 new pages but not complete yet - you can follow along and check performance and such as you fly. This one also has a short flight tutorial but, has a lot of automation and not much flying - push buttons, turn knobs, wonder what is happening, just like the real world version.

The Learjet 45 has a very nice and clean panel and most basic flight instruments and gauges work but a lot of depth is missing for now. The latest update added the thrust detents and some numbers to look at for fuel flow and a few Crew Warnings are now present. You can view and zoom in on your flight plan and monitor progress and you can set the ref Vspeeds. The upper limit for sim flying is FL390 - FL410 even though the real world version goes to FL510 and most of those flights are in the mid to upper 40s. No hints from the dev when this might be addressed. CDU is dead, but has as a very nice FGC for AP,

The 737-500 is an older model 737 with round gauges but has a nice digital MCP for the AP. We only have the most basic information for this one, no flight tutorial, with a fixed weight (very light end) so we are left to guess the performance numbers. Still fun to fly. Max altitude is FL370 (real world and sim version) This one has the smallest engines available so the climbs are slow and time consuming but the cruise speeds are accurate. No fuel flow indications just yet, but could be in work soon. CDU is dead.

All four will fly a flight plan using the autopilot, fly an ILS approach and the controls are responsive. Be sure to visit the wiki pages and read about each one, except the B737 - no really useful information there.

These four planes could not be more different with nothing in common with any of the others so it comes down to a personal choice. I suggest you spend some time with each one and see which one likes you best. There is also a 747 but it is in a different class than these four.

Regards,

Ray

I agree. The Developer Camera and the Q400 HUD are the two most welcomed additions for me. But, It is certainly refreshing to see some fairly substantial additions in the cockpits. The only problem is that the more I see, the more I want.

It won’t be long until we are no longer talking about this update and are making our new priority lists and grumbling about not having a helicopter, ATC, ai, water, and why our favorite plane is being avoided. Just human nature, I guess.

Maybe the Florida Keys DLC and Orbx Netherlands will be available soon to distract us.

Regards,

Ray

After reading the above request for streetlights, I have been meaning to ask if the exterior lights on the aircraft are on anyone’s list for improvement. The B737-500 really looks strange sitting on the runway at night with Landing Lights blazing with no trace of light touching the concrete.

I remember when the main line sims first got the new lights. Those images illuminating the runway numbers when flaring was something to behold. I look forward to seeing them added to AFS2 one day.

Regards,

Ray

Do we know if Aaron has updated any of the files? Haven’t had a chance to re-install it yet, but found that particularly the Corsair engine sound is really “gutless” compared to what I’d expect the big mother-of-all-radial engines ought to sound like. I actually might use the engine sound from the Bucker Jungmeister as a replacement - inaccurate but way better sounding than the Corsair.

I don’t know the answer but, I have been complaining about the ultra-weak sounds of the Corsair since the first Avsim review published in January 2017. All I got was a lot of double talk about not understanding CS props and such nonsense but, no one would even admit the missing sounds that should be present as you increase or decrease throttle. A good sound pack is sorely needed for sure.

Regards,

Ray

What kind of devices do you use for the reverser?

And can you confirm that it is only the A320 or are the 747 and 737 also affected? How about the Learjet?

I've tested different configurations for joystick axes in the past and they all worked, I'm using a button for the reverse and that works and also creates sound!

Jan,

Learjet 45 and B737 reversers work just fine. Didn't try the other two.

Regards,

Ray

Jan,

I am flying the Learjet 45 and checking the gauges for any Easter eggs and I am puzzled by the term KPH for Fuel Flow. I understand the Kgs for Fuel Quantity but I am at a loss for the FF measurement. We have not moved to metric in the deep woods of Mississippi, yet. Google failed me on this one.

An option to use Pounds would be well received in this area.

Regards,

Ray

sylvain: The GTX should be Vulkan compatible. Maybe send us the tm.log file right after you tried enabling Vulkan.

For developers we also have the developer camera enabled without hacks in the main.mcf. Press CONTROL+F8 to enable this camera. Hold left mouse button and move mouse to look around. Use 'W' and 'S' keys to move around. Press 'R' to go close to the airplane again.

Hello Admin,

I am on vacation and brought an old pc I had in the closet with me just in case the R-22 was released. It wasn't as you know, but, I downloaded the "big update" to see what was added. I also can't seem to use the Vulkan at all. I select it but it is unselected when I check back. But, the OpenGL seems to run just fine and looks good on the screen with the 3+ year old system.

Here are the pc specs.

Regards,

Ray

Hi Ray,

no, right now "my version" is your version.

The tutorials need a little bit of updating, since we can now drag levers with the mouse or VR hands but one thing at a time, lets first iron out the few bugs you found and then we will see what comes after that.

Fair enough.

Priority wise, I suggest a basic flight tutorial for the 737 before spending time on enhancements to the existing flight tutorials. In the real world, there are a lot more 737 pilots and retired pilots than the A320, for sure.

Regards,

Ray

I forgot to mention those hahaha...
    There are even more easter eggs in the sim now, try to make a rough landing with the 737...

Well a lot of that was already in "my version" of the A320 but just hadn't been enabled yet.

Jan,

Do you also have an improved “my version” of the B737-500, maybe with working CDUs? and fuel gauges with decreasing values like the Lear?

Is there an upgrade in works for the A320 flight tutorial that uses some of these upgrades?

Anyone working on the first version of a tutorial for the B737-500? How about the 737 paintkit?

Regards,

Ray

I never spent time in the Corsair before, but looking through everything tonight, are there two new colour schemes for this aircraft in the new release, or did I just miss these in the past?

I also like the look of the HUD in the Dash8

- Kenneth

I forgot to mention those hahaha...
    There are even more easter eggs in the sim now, try to make a rough landing with the 737...

Well a lot of that was already in "my version" of the A320 but just hadn't been enabled yet.

Two new paints. I really like both of them, especially the new Navy one.l

I also like the q400 hud.

Regards,

Ray

The A320 seems to have received the most attention which is somewhat understandable. Too bad the B737 didn't at least get power to the cdu, but I see the a/s bug is now moveable and a few more switches and buttons can be clicked and turned, even it the action has no affect. At least it is starting to look alive with some of the o/h panel indicators lighting up.

The HUD for the Q400 appears to be an outstanding addition - very sharp and easy to read. I think I will start flying it.

Little by little all these small additions add to the immersion. Cabin doors and window movements are welcomed. Just having the fuel quantity slowly decrease in the Learjet 45 is nice and I am really glad to see the throttle position is showing on the EICAS. Every new Crew Warning is also appreciated.

I didn't have time to check it out, but it looks like the general tuneup failed to address the poor high altitude performance of the Learjet.

I was expecting the R-22 to be included in this big update. Oh well, one day.

Thanks to the team for the update.

Regards.

Ray

I have made a quick look at the Learjet 45. I see most of the improvements but, I am wondering if the wiki will be updated to reflect these changes. How about updates to the flight tutorial for the Learjet 45?

How do we start the Learjet 45 in the Cold and Dark condition?

Regards,

Ray