Is this really possible to obtain with Geoconverter ?

• Hi Ken, it's your choice really. In some places the Virtual Earth photos look better, in other places Google's do. They also tend to have a bit different color rendering.

As a result of which it needs a bit planning ahead. I made a big tiles/low resolution Ground for Germany using the Grid Generator based on Virtual Earth. Adding smaller higher resolution tiles for the airports binds me to it to avoid color mismatch.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Should I be downloading Google Earth files (using the ini 773 fix) instead of Virtual Earth files? I don't remember seeing anything in the tutorial about this FSET option.

Ken, I usually zoom in a took a look at both Virtual Earth and Google to see which is the better for a given area. Surprisingly, Virtual Earth is better in many locations.

You can also combine the two for some smaller areas, like Google will intentionally mess up a lake but the surrounds are better. You can use one of the available scenery editors to cut and paste one area from one to the other and then process that improved file.

The quality of the image changes with the download level also. Some are full of clouds, other levels are not, or less so.

Regards,

Ray

• Another "issue" with Google is the captcha (don't know if it's still in use on their servers), so if you start downloading larger areas you will every now and then have to manually enter a captcha...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.