• Hi,

I was perplexed a search on this forum for the named tool by flightXtreme available at Flight-sim.org doesn't provide any results. I have been using it from time to time and find it VERY helpful for creating cultivation in a systematic way. Thanks, flightXtreme!

So I am not going to complain :) but just ask a couple of questions.

- There are now more advanced scenProc scripts (I think the last one is Template_ver7.txt) available. Will the latter one work (after removing input and output commands) with osmToAFFS2? Are any modifications to osmToAFFS (except, of course, using the most recent scenproc) required?

- What is the state of the art of building_textures? There is a base package included in OSM2AFFS. Is there a more extended package available now? Is Template_ver7.txt still based on this package? There have been certainly more advanced packages developed by ORBX and the like, but I am speaking about publicly available bundles we can use.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• For the first: Yes, just take the newest version of scensproc and modify the template the way you described it. I have not tested it yet, but it should work.

Second: I build some building_textures variation for the comores. If you put the files into the template folder from osm2affs2 you have more variations but it is more designed for Africa. Or just drop your own variations into it.

I will redo all the cultivation for Czech Republic after finishing the tiles with elevation and ortho and so on. Then I will use the newest script plus much more building_textures variations.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Thanks for the quick reply. I will give it a go. I am right now working on a few places in New Zealand. I don't think anyone made specific AFS2 buildings for it, thus I think I'll go just with the base buildings for now.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• you can just drop in others later. No need to recompile anything as long as the script does not use specific building variants.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Thanks, I was unsure about this, but good to know.

Kind regards, Michael

• ok... One thing: The numbering of the variants must be in order without interruption, as far as I remember. :)

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• I thought I'd give Chrispy's version 7 script it a try, but it doesn't work. To begin with, the complete osmToAFFS2 setup does work and produce working cultivation with the original script. Now, I only exchanged the script in which I commented out the input, output and splitgrid commands.

The original script runs around 3 hrs for the selected patch of scenery. After exchanging scripts, osmToAFFS2 runs a few minutes doing "something" but doesn't produce any scenery. Can osmToAFFS2 be brought to produce a logfile for debugging? Any idea what's going wrong?

The template I used is attached.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Files

• You can see the used script in the working folder. Open sceneprog and run the script generated by osm2affs2 manually. There you should see what is going on.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• Thanks, good suggestion which helped me to isolate the issue: I forgot to install the latest scenProc build into osmToAFFS2. It does its job right now.

Kind regards, Michael

• Thanks for the quick reply. I will give it a go. I am right now working on a few places in New Zealand. I don't think anyone made specific AFS2 buildings for it, thus I think I'll go just with the base buildings for now.

Kind regards, Michael

Michael, if you need specific reference photos from New Zealand, let me know. I'll be staying there from November to January, so maybe I can help you out.

• Michael, if you need specific reference photos from New Zealand, let me know. I'll be staying there from November to January, so maybe I can help you out.

Lucky you:), thanks, that's a kind offer. I don't think I am able to make a real scenery, it's way beyond my spare time and abilities. I am just testing grounds a bit.

Attached is a small area around Auckland. Cultivation is done based on the recent version 7 script by Crispy et al. with osmToAFFS2 + LINZ-based ortho scenery. It doesn't show, though, that there are several areas which are marked as cultivated in OSM but lack individual buildings entries, thus remain uncovered. LINZ orthophotos are quite good and cloud-free but have color steps as well.

Kind regards, Michael