• No not a complaint about cockpit shadows or excessive luminance or whatever :whistling: I've now logged many hours with:

FS2 VR

X-Plane 11 VR

DCS VR - and -

MSFS 2020 VR

So the daylight I'm talking about is the enormous difference measurable in light years between the massively superior Aerofly FS2 VR - and everything else.

Frame rates in FS2 are superior by a magnitude of up 10 i.e. up to 1000%. That number sounds like an exaggeration but it isn't.

MSFS 2024 or 2025 may eventually be acceptable on a half affordable setup with rendering scaled back to 50%. Meanwhile there is only FS2.

One day it'll be good but FS2 will be even better by then I think. Has anyone else tried MSFS 2020 in VR? It'd be very interesting to hear other opinions.

i9-10900KF RTX 3090 64Gb Reverb G2 Saitek X-65F

• I have indeed done a comparison and agree with your findings. My system is what you may call average so its just my observations so far using Rift CV1

MSFS2020 VR. Visually superior but needs most of the details reducing to avoid frame stutter, even then it's still not good. Noticeable barn door

X-Plane 11 VR. Works well for the most part but still stutters occasionally. Kind of looks cartoonish at times. Cockpits tend to look smaller, tiny in some cases.

DCS VR. Works great, flies great, is great but it's a combat sim so not for everyone.

FS2 VR. Fantastic in VR but lacks a lot of features. Perhaps the introduction of better weather, ATC and AI may well reduce this but time will tell. Apache looks great in VR, yes I'm biased ;)

Just my two pence worth

Steve

• I am very content that we have now (thanks to Steve and IPACS) four great helicopters in AFS2, the only smooth VR experience with 60-90 fps in high graphics settings on my modest game PC....

With my budget system MsFS in VR won't be any good (maybe 20fps with all the eyecandy turned down to lowest settings) and helicopters will only come in 2022...

DCS (30-40fps) has four helicopters and only four scenery but I love to fly the Huey now and then, KA-50 and Mi-8 are good too, the Gazelle still needs work.

XP11 (30 fps) has more helicopters (and some of them have a good flight model too) and a lot of scenery to choose from but the performance goes up and down with every update and I tend to dislike the graphics though the Quatam river scenery from Propstrike is excellent.

For me it's Aerofly FS2 90% of the time and some DCS for rain and thunderstorms, great water animation and to fly the Huey and Mi-8...

Aerofly FS2 would even be better with a Huey or Chinook, animated water, dynamic weather and more traffic animation (if possible without too much of a framerate hit...) though we have great freeware traffic for some scenery right now....

Overall AFS2 is the most immersive (and only stutter free) VR experience with the best looking scenery for a helicopter simmer but I do love those moving ships in rough water and weather for landing practice in DCS too.
    Aerofly FS2 flight dynamics are also better compared to almost every other helicopter in DCS and XP11...

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

Edited 6 times, last by PjotR22: Typo's, better English ;) (December 29, 2020 at 2:20 AM).

• For me it's Aerofly FS2 90% of the time and some DCS for rain and thunderstorms, great water animation and to fly the Huey and Mi-8...

Aerofly FS2 would even be better with a Huey or Chinook, animated water, dynamic weather and more traffic animation (if possible without too much of a framerate hit...) though we have great freeware traffic for some scenery right now....

That really sums it up. So many observations that are, in my opinion, spot on. Thank you!

• Really informative and exactly right Steve. Also your choppers are a massive contribution & are one of the many reasons why FS2 is the helo sim.