Easy Airport Creation with Building and Runway

• On FSCloudPort the airport I'm looking to create/edit has already been made and it's terrible, I'm trying to get permission from the owner on the airport for me to edit it and add in the second runway and the hangars. :O

I've looked at the other link before but I don't know where to put the map.toc, I got Aerofly FS2 about 3 Weeks ago and I don't really know everything.

• FCloudport airports generally do not use more than one runway object because runway objects which cross, or even parallel ones which are too near each other, will cause display problems, usually flashing textures.

You can get around this by disabling the line in the .tsc file which calls the object. You do this by adding // at the start of that line. Naturally this will only work if you have photoscenery covering that location. You can land 'on the photo' - it may not look pretty when you are on the ground. but it looks much more realistic from the air. You can create a hi-res photo background for an airport, but that will make the airport area flat.

There are plenty tutorials here: https://www.aerofly.com/dokuwiki/doku.php/sdk:scenery

• Thanks emfrat for that. I was going to ask how to get rid of the airport runways but keep their location and you have just answered that for me. I am not much of a fan of the cultivation in user created scenery either, so I have deleted places folders in some of it. Just having satellite imagery is preferable to me. I can see my house and local landmarks easily. :thumbup:

• No worries - I think I learned that from IZ0JUB. I also built on an idea from Krystoff, to create location markers for airstrips which can be seen in photoscenery but are not in the AFS2 database, so that I can start from there, and also see them in the moving map etc. You just use a bare-bones tsc file.

It will be a while before we get 3-D models of individual homes, so cultivation has to be more impressionist than factual - but it makes a huge difference at night. Same with 'landing on the photo' - if you like to surf the wake 50m behind the plane, ground operations can look ugly, but from the cockpit the view is quite restricted and the far end of the runway does not look too bad at all.

• A long time ago I tried https://afs2-editor.nabeelamjad.co.uk/ too, it took so long to do the buildings and I tried everything and it still didn't work, I wanted to try https://www.fscloudport.com/ too, I have no idea why but it needs some account and there is no way to register

Regards,

PLΛY

PC: Nvidia RTX 3070, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 16GB RAM, 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD

Setup: Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Saitek Throttle and Virpil Controls VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 512 GB

Flight Simulators: Aerofly FS 2, X-Plane 12 and MSFS 2020

My Youtube Channel https://youtube.com/@P_L_A_Y

• You should be able to convert sceneries using Model Converter X

ModelConverterX | SceneryDesign.org

Depending on how the original models are formatted and packaged together, most models can easily be converted, some need to be optimized with a bit of texture rework in order for proper conversion.

Example using Scene Builder Wizard

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I am trying to create airports on FSCloudPort but I do not have access. Instructions state to come on this forum and start a conversation with Spit40. Spit40 as too many conversations open so I can not communicate with him on this forum. Would someone who can communicate with him ask him to contact me or add my account to FSCloudport steamid and account here are smberger4619.

• I am trying to create airports on FSCloudPort but I do not have access. Instructions state to come on this forum and start a conversation with Spit40. Spit40 as too many conversations open so I can not communicate with him on this forum. Would someone who can communicate with him ask him to contact me or add my account to FSCloudport steamid and account here are smberger4619.

I also don't understand why it is like that. Why you have to make an account? He should open up the Fscloudport for free for everyone. What do you think?

Regards,

PLΛY

PC: Nvidia RTX 3070, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 16GB RAM, 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD

Setup: Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Saitek Throttle and Virpil Controls VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 512 GB

Flight Simulators: Aerofly FS 2, X-Plane 12 and MSFS 2020

My Youtube Channel https://youtube.com/@P_L_A_Y

Edited 2 times, last by P L A Y (June 15, 2022 at 12:07 PM).