• Hi this is a question for the admin. If aerofly for mobile gets global scenery can you please try to make it so that i can fly globally without streaming or the requirement of a internet connection because I don’t have a tablet with wireless internet and it would really hinder the purpose of the ipad being portable and i am a portable gamer it would be so cool to be able to fly anywhere on the planet anywhere at any time thank you kind regards

• I think none of the Aerofly versions will ever have global scenery, the satellite data would cost too much for them, and creating the scenery takes very long. Also, you wouldn't have that much space on mobile devices to download everything to fly anywhere at any time. But what do you mean you don’t have a tablet with wireless internet??? Just use Wifi or 4G. But take a look at X-Plane Mobile, it has global and it works so that it downloads the scenery before you start the flight, I think even if Aerofly would have global, then it would work pretty much the same way.

Regards,

PLΛY

PC: RTX 3070, Ryzen 7 3700X, 16GB RAM, 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD,

Setup: Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick and Saitek Throttle

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 512 GB

Flight Simulators: Aerofly FS 2, X-Plane 11, X-Plane 12 and MSFS 2020

My Youtube Channel https://youtube.com/@P_L_A_Y

• The X-Plane way of downloading scenery before flight is a very long process of starting. Today Aerofly starts immediately (on iOS at least)

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• Official Post

To correct some replies here, global scenery coverage with Aerofly FS is of course possible and we will eventually offer it. But when streaming is no solution, one has to live with a few sacrifices, when you consider aerial images. E.g. we could in theory provide a lot of airports worldwide, but the data around it, e.g. elevation and basic aerial images does need some memory. We estimated roughly 100GB of data for a non streaming solution and reasonable aerial image resolution, e.g. you have low resolution when flying low but in normal flying altitudes it would look quite nice already.

So for future versions we might consider hybrid solutions, e.g. a large download for the base scenery and possibly streaming option if the user really wants maximum quality where he currently flies.

But again, we are not streaming fans ourself, so we will always have the other solution in mind as well.

• To correct some replies here, global scenery coverage with Aerofly FS is of course possible and we will eventually offer it. But when streaming is no solution, one has to live with a few sacrifices, when you consider aerial images. E.g. we could in theory provide a lot of airports worldwide, but the data around it, e.g. elevation and basic aerial images does need some memory. We estimated roughly 100GB of data for a non streaming solution and reasonable aerial image resolution, e.g. you have low resolution when flying low but in normal flying altitudes it would look quite nice already.

So for future versions we might consider hybrid solutions, e.g. a large download for the base scenery and possibly streaming option if the user really wants maximum quality where he currently flies.

But again, we are not streaming fans ourself, so we will always have the other solution in mind as well.

I still want free icecream. ;)

Best wishes, Michael :)

• To correct some replies here, global scenery coverage with Aerofly FS is of course possible and we will eventually offer it. But when streaming is no solution, one has to live with a few sacrifices, when you consider aerial images. E.g. we could in theory provide a lot of airports worldwide, but the data around it, e.g. elevation and basic aerial images does need some memory. We estimated roughly 100GB of data for a non streaming solution and reasonable aerial image resolution, e.g. you have low resolution when flying low but in normal flying altitudes it would look quite nice already.

If I had a choice, I wouldn't choose streaming. of course, I'm not a streaming fan, and I want all the data to be kept on my phone,Even if it takes up 100 gigabytes of memory.I hope we can get a better solution.thanks

• Covering both sides, stream and non stream sounds like a win win solution. Im myself is a fan of maximum quality options.

In my opinion, one of the essiantial additions that Aerofly need is online services (weather&clouds, navigation, multiplayers, sceneries, etc).

Then of course global (explores the world) and new generation planes (MAX, NEO, 777X, F22, F-35, SU-57, TYPHOON, RAFALE, F-15 EX, F-16 BLOCK 72, SU-75 CHECKMATE) Please dont blame me for dreaming. :)