Aerofly FS airport creation tool ( early alpha version, work in progress )

• The program for converting FS 2 airfields from FSCloudPort for FS 4 is finished and is available for use here:

After installing it takes three steps

• Step 1: download FS2 airfields from FSCloudPort (ZIP files) and unzip them
    • Step 2: create TAP files from this data
    • Step 3: create FS4 airfields from the TAP files

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• @IPACS

In the new version "FS 4 Steam Beta - Global Coverage and Streaming" (FS4betaStream) there are now a lot of airports worldwide (6,352 ?), which I think is very good. :)

Over the last few days I have compared my inventory of airfields from FS 2 (waiting for me to convert) and FS 4 with the new inventory from FS4betaStream.

In addition, I compare the airports in the FS4betaStream with the current inventory in the AirportCreationTool (ACT) (1,161 airports, of which 795 are in the status "finished" and 366 in the status "In Progress").

Some of the airports in the ACT are more detailed and correct than in FS4betaStream. As an example I take the small airfield EKGH Gronholt Hillerod in Denmark:

- In reality, this is a small airfield with an asphalt runway with "piano lines" at 29 and two branching asphalt taxiways without lines as well as some buildings

- in FS4betaStream the taxiways are covered with plates and have a "Taxiway Centerline", which in one curve is even shown as "Taxiway Centerline enhanced Black" (I noticed this error at many airports), on the runway both thresholds show " Piano Lines" and some buildings are missing

- in ACT the runway is as in the original, the taxiways have been omitted in favor of the good images and the buildings are more complete

I suggest pooling resources with a common concept and avoiding time-consuming parallel work as much as possible. This is also in view of the fact that there are actually only a few (power) users in the ACT, as the overview shows (the numbers show the number of airfields (divided in brackets according to finsihed/in progress):

- 467 (362/106) -- ApfelFlieger

- 354 (140/214) -- moxeetwo

- 163 (163/0) -- aerofly

- 67 (60/7) -- flyoverasia

- 33 (29/4) -- chrispriv

- 27 (2/25) -- TomTester4

- 12 (5/7) -- ZoSochile

- 9 (6/3) -- PilotBoy

- 8 (8/0) -- BradyC

- 6 (6/0) -- timo006

- 4 (4/0) -- Stevan

- 3 (3/0) -- TigerG2017

- 3 (3/0) -- jetpack

- 3 (3/0) -- Felix

- 1 (1/0) -- geoffy

Specifically, I suggest:

• airports that are to be or are included in FS4betaStream receive an additional FLAG (e.g. "FS 4 integrated")
    • there are special requirements for these airports, such as:
      - minimum standard in design (runways, taxiways, lines, buildings, accessories)
      - role model loyalty (I always follow the respective AIP charts if possible)

I'm curious to see how you see it. :/ 8)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

• The airports in the airport creation tool are considered "detailed airports". On the other hand we have global airports, which are auto-generated based on other sources, not hand made. We're of course going to improve the algorithm to create these global airports at higher quality, perhaps add terminal buildings, etc. The man-made airports, when they exist, can then add higher detail when the certain region or DLC is installed. We probably cannot ship all airports at once, not at least in the mobile version, where we are limited to 4GB in storage space.

• Thanks for the feedback. So it makes sense to continue building airfields. 😁

When automatically creating airports, please change that taxiway center lines in curves are often incorrectly executed in the “enhanced black” variant.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• Airports can also be created without the AirportCreationTool by filling out the TAP file by hand. I do this when I design airports where the satellite photo doesn't fit in the AirportCreationTool because it is either pixelated or has a different status.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• I have no idea how IPACS plans to release the AirportCreationTool in the future. Currently it's actually just a small circle.

All areas outside the runways are Tarmacs. If I enter these by hand, then I have a card open at the same time from which I can take the individual coordinates as a decimal number. Basically, it's actually quick with copy and paste -- if the assignment didn't have to be swapped:

- the card systems I know use lat-lon

- Aerofly uses lon-lat

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• I'm attaching my work files here:

• template___COMMENTED.tap.txt
      ... contains a TAP file that describes how to fill it out (remove ".txt" after downloading)
    • list_TLD.txt
      ... contains the country codes used so far
    • list_LINES.txt
      ... contains all lines
    • list_TARMACS.txt
      ...contains all tarmacs (areas)

Als Beispiel für die Linien und Tarmacs wurde EDCJ um alle Varianten ergänzt, danke an TomSimMuc :) :

• EDCJ.tap.txt
      (remove .txt after downloading)

• Hello,

I think making the airport creation tool available would help greatly AFS4 to grow...

A problem with the actual airports is that many some grass airfiels have concrete runways (like LFET : look at screenshots, the good one is with HD textures and airport disabled by renaming .wad file) : would be nice to be able to correct it...

Like LFET looks in streaming version :

How it should look (airport disabled) :

Some others have very too large concrete runways (like LFPL). Would be necessary to be able to correct it too

For both of them being able to modify them is quite mandatory

Kind regards

• In order to be able to make corrections quickly, it would be good if the TAP file was delivered as a kind of master file (I provide it with the airports that I create and publish).

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• how do you create a TAP file for dummies lingo to complicated for me

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean exactly?:/

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations: