Business jets

• As always we might get preview by end of the year!!

True, hmm :/

I have better idea, this one is for IPACS:

How about making a complete download file with all the scenerys everybody has created for FS4 and let us add them to our FS4's with clear instructs to what file we save it too. Heaven forbid if everybody would give clear file saving instructions at flight-sim.org for the scenerys they've created so the rest of us who are ("NOT" FILE SAVVY") could enjoy as well. That really irks me, because I've messed up so many times trying to put what file in what folder, I just gave up all together.

What do you think IPACS...good suggestion for you's or not...?

I'd even pay for something like that if it became a reality. 🤔

• True, hmm :/

I have better idea, this one is for IPACS:

How about making a complete download file with all the scenerys everybody has created for FS4 and let us add them to our FS4's with clear instructs to what file we save it too. Heaven forbid if everybody would give clear file saving instructions at flight-sim.org for the scenerys they've created so the rest of us who are ("NOT" FILE SAVVY") could enjoy as well. That really irks me, because I've messed up so many times trying to put what file in what folder, I just gave up all together.

What do you think IPACS...good suggestion for you's or not...?

I'd even pay for something like that if it became a reality. 🤔

Not everyone has enough storage space left for ALL sceneries though. But nobody is stopping external scenery developers to come up with a system that is unified and makes installation easy. Any scenery uploaded would eventually have to follow guidelines to make it possible to easily integrate that scenery into the collection of all sceneries. At that point you may even think about a dedicated market place for downloading and installing user content directly but for this all sceneries first would have to follow the same rules so that they can be installed automatically. This starts at basic things like keeping all files and all folders lower case letters without spaces, only using English characters and it ends with not including custom read-me files, PDF documents, source image files, etc. etc. That is why moderatos would be needed or users who approve new content before it gets released. For example they should also check the tm.log for obvious error messages to avoid issues on user machines.

• From my point of view, it is really a good and very sensible idea - only someone has to take care of it.

On Flight-Sim.org we tried years ago to get more structure into it. At that time I also partly revised files to comply with the guidelines mentioned by Jan (@Jet-Pack). But it was a very tedious and never-ending job, because not every developer likes to change his habits:

- One example is the use of "/" and "\". Mac computers only interpret "/" correctly, Windows computers interpret both "\" and "/". Out of habit, many still write "\" in Windows, although "/" would now be more appropriate.

- Another example is the consistent use of lower case.

Furthermore, the areas "airports", "cultivation", "elevation", images" must be separated, which is not always done. (By the way, the fact that "airports" and "images" are in the plural and "cultivation" and "elevation" in the singular is also an inaccuracy that I personally find annoying).

The next point is the updates. New contributions can be displayed, but the mere exchange of actually identical files is not directly recognisable.

I'm happy to help out as part of a service, but it has to be within reason in terms of effort.

My personal concept on my Mac is to divide the files into "airports" etc. directly after downloading them and add the date of provision, creator and id to the file name. I've been doing very well with this for years because I can access the right page very quickly in Flight-Sim.org.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Ya, I'll just wait till IPACS adds new scenery ("someday"), and pay for it or if its a free DLC. I see its not going to come to fruition and the complexity it presents. Thats ok, its still an awesome SIM and I have faith and paitience in IPACS. That will never waiver. ;) :thumbup:

• Sorry, didn't know. What I however know is that you miss many nice region. All you need to install are the images, the cultivation including airports come from Aerofly FS4.

Let me know if I can help you.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Slightly different era but what about the beautiful Lockheed Electra? Amelia Earhart loss, Chamberlain post Munich's 'Piece of Paper', the top late 1930's fast exec' transport.

The Ju 52/3m is a bit too archaic for me and lacks constant or variable speed props and retracting gear.