Disabling default scenery

• I have downloaded some of Michael's scenery and noticed the line "Best used in FS 4 with the European default scenery folder eu disabled" in the description. I have forgotten how to do that. Any pointers please?

• Is it about the landscape, i.e. the 3D trees and buildings, or is it about the IMAGES, so to speak the satellite images on the ground?

@IZ0JUB his note only hides the standard IIMAGES, the 3D landscape comes via FS4 beta Global.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Hi Michael. Yes it is the default landscape that is showing. I have copied all user scenery for the Balearics to my D: drive and created the folder structure as advised in the wiki page eg D:/Aerofly FS 4 Simulator addons/scenery/Balearics/images.

All the image files are in there. I have also altered the Main.mcf file to read :

<[string8][extra_user_folder][D:\Aerofly FS 4 Flight Simulator Addons\scenery]>

What I do not understand is how to select the user added scenery while in the game. Every time I open it the default scenery is showing. I seem to be going round in circles and it is becoming very frustrating. Is there any advise you can give me as this is all new to me?

Thanks

Steve

• My general recommendation is to use slash instead of backslash on Windows computers too.:)

But about your specific problem:

• Does the spelling of all characters in main.mcf exactly match your directory name?
    • Try the variant of arranging directly after scenery images:
      <[string8][extra_user_folder][D:/Aerofly FS 4 Flight Simulator Addons/scenery/images/balearics]>

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

• Thank Michael. I have set mines up exactly like your now except mines is D drive instead of E. Still no luck unfortunately. It will not load the custom scenery only the default FS4. Do I have to disable the stock FS4 scenery somehow? Is there some hidden option in the FS4 UI to select custom scenery?

Steve.

• Does a custom path work for you if it's in the same drive as FS4?

At least on the Mac, I don't have to turn anything off in FS4 so that custom data takes precedence over standard data.

I think it's best if you post a screenshot of your file directory (please obscure personal information) and a screenshot of the line of code from main.mcf. In my opinion, something doesn't quite add up.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations: