Disabling default scenery

• I have downloaded some of Michael's scenery and noticed the line "Best used in FS 4 with the European default scenery folder eu disabled" in the description. I have forgotten how to do that. Any pointers please?

• Is it about the landscape, i.e. the 3D trees and buildings, or is it about the IMAGES, so to speak the satellite images on the ground?

IZ0JUB his note only hides the standard IIMAGES, the 3D landscape comes via FS4 beta Global.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Hi Michael. Yes it is the default landscape that is showing. I have copied all user scenery for the Balearics to my D: drive and created the folder structure as advised in the wiki page eg D:/Aerofly FS 4 Simulator addons/scenery/Balearics/images.

All the image files are in there. I have also altered the Main.mcf file to read :

<[string8][extra_user_folder][D:\Aerofly FS 4 Flight Simulator Addons\scenery]>

What I do not understand is how to select the user added scenery while in the game. Every time I open it the default scenery is showing. I seem to be going round in circles and it is becoming very frustrating. Is there any advise you can give me as this is all new to me?

Thanks

Steve

• My general recommendation is to use slash instead of backslash on Windows computers too.:)

But about your specific problem:

• Does the spelling of all characters in main.mcf exactly match your directory name?
    • Try the variant of arranging directly after scenery images:
      <[string8][extra_user_folder][D:/Aerofly FS 4 Flight Simulator Addons/scenery/images/balearics]>

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

• If its any help I have FS4 on my F drive. However the scenery is on my E drive.

I have typed it out in simple terms NOT to belittle your intelligence only as it make some sense to me.

The E drive folder is: Aerofly FS 4 Scenery 2023 open this folder to find two folders elevation and scenery.

Open the scenery folder to find airports and images. Open the images folder to find various files example UK Glastonbury this folder contains the various map_09 ttc files.

In my main.mcf folder found on my C drive in Documents, Aerofly FS 4 I have this <[string8][extra_user_folder][E:/Aerofly FS 4 Scenery 2023]>

Best wishes, Michael :)

• Thank Michael. I have set mines up exactly like your now except mines is D drive instead of E. Still no luck unfortunately. It will not load the custom scenery only the default FS4. Do I have to disable the stock FS4 scenery somehow? Is there some hidden option in the FS4 UI to select custom scenery?

Steve.

• Does a custom path work for you if it's in the same drive as FS4?

At least on the Mac, I don't have to turn anything off in FS4 so that custom data takes precedence over standard data.

I think it's best if you post a screenshot of your file directory (please obscure personal information) and a screenshot of the line of code from main.mcf. In my opinion, something doesn't quite add up.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations: