• We are still working on ATC. Other projects sometimes get in the way which is why it's not finished yet. We regret that we announced it too soon but we are still on it.

Jet-Pack (IPACS) 3 years ago you talked about ATC. Can you give us a little hint of its current state? For me it's the most important feature that is still missing (besides the Airbus a330-300)

Iphone 15 Pro: Aerofly Fs Global

Rtx 4070 Ryzen 7 7745HX: Aerofly Fs 4, Msfs 2020, Dcs

• Jet-Pack (IPACS) 3 years ago you talked about ATC. Can you give us a little hint of its current state? For me it's the most important feature that is still missing (besides the Airbus a330-300)

We really do need the A330-300 (with N805NW Delta livery)

I love the A330. There's a reason my username has «333» in it.

Kind regards and safe flying.

-Thekingbuji333

Edited once, last by Thekingbuji333 (November 6, 2023 at 2:59 AM).

• The development ATC was announced way to early and is currently on hold.

We completely understand that it was announced far too early, but if you go back up the discussion threads, you'll see that ATC has been in development since 2017, although there have also been periods when it was rightly put on the back burner for certain features that have since seen the light of day.
    If a member of the team had announced it at the time, we can deduce that it was still at a very advanced stage of development and now, 3 years later, soon 4 years later, nothing ?(.
    Personally, I'm a bit disappointed by all this :sleeping:, especially as some of the features were also eagerly awaited, such as improved meteo rendering.

• Well that's software development for you. Features like that are not easy. And sometimes other things take priority or the goals shift.

Don't be disappointed, rather be happy that other features have been added in the meantime and new exciting other features are on the horizon (like pushback).

• Well that's software development for you. Features like that are not easy. And sometimes other things take priority or the goals shift.

Don't be disappointed, rather be happy that other features have been added in the meantime and new exciting other features are on the horizon (like pushback).

You are right. I fully agree.

I don't see the need to add ATC at this time as we have more important things to work on like the two Boeing 737 models (-900ER and Max 9) and the pushback.

Edited once, last by Jet-Pack (IPACS): Merged a post created by Beto McFly into this post. (November 6, 2023 at 10:15 AM).

• I understand that ATC is a very complex thing. However, it is essential for a mature flight simulator.

Instead of trying to offer a complete open ATC where you can fly from anywhere to anywhere I wonder if a first step could be to just offer ATC for dedicated flights, e.g. from Zürich to Frankfurt in a given airplane, e.g. A320. As a pilot one would need to follow exactly the given route, as soon as one would leave it by a certain value the ATC service will be terminated. The approach would be flown by given vectors, speed and altitudes, also here leaving a value will result in terminated ATC service.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• I understand that ATC is a very complex thing. However, it is essential for a mature flight simulator.

Instead of trying to offer a complete open ATC where you can fly from anywhere to anywhere I wonder if a first step could be to just offer ATC for dedicated flights, e.g. from Zürich to Frankfurt in a given airplane, e.g. A320. As a pilot one would need to follow exactly the given route, as soon as one would leave it by a certain value the ATC service will be terminated. The approach would be flown by given vectors, speed and altitudes, also here leaving a value will result in terminated ATC service.

There is almost no difference in programming requirement to set up ATC for a single flight than for any other flight as long as the user flies along the route.

• The development ATC was announced way to early and is currently on hold.

Gut zu Wissen!!!!!!

Bestimmt auch kein Ki -Verkehr am Flughafen,und keine Kondensstreifen am Himmel?

Und keine Beleuchtung an den anderen Flugzeugen,die noch so unterwegs sind?

Und nach dem anderen Frage ich erst gar nicht!^^

Schönen Abend noch.:)

Edited 5 times, last by EXTRA300L (November 6, 2023 at 7:06 PM).

• In my own opinion, atc, weather, weight/balance, navdata updates and pushback, is way way much more important than another aircraft.

If you improve the core afs4 with the features mentioned above, you are improving all existant aircraft and also the future ones. Its strategic improvements that whatever aircraft that you will use you will benefit of these features, its not another aircraft that sometimes you use sometimes not. Also you are building something that will true compete with the "top dogs" on the market.

Another aircraft even if its my or yours favorite one, in the current state of afs4, is to fly in a capped flightsim that sadly soon i will jump to another flight sim where that aircraft already exist there and all the simulator gives full realistic experience with real weather, atc, etc.

• In my own opinion, atc, weather, weight/balance, navdata updates and pushback, is way way much more important than another aircraft.

If you improve the core afs4 with the features mentioned above, you are improving all existant aircraft and also the future ones. Its strategic improvements that whatever aircraft that you will use you will benefit of these features, its not another aircraft that sometimes you use sometimes not. Also you are building something that will true compete with the "top dogs" on the market.

Another aircraft even if its my or yours favorite one, in the current state of afs4, is to fly in a capped flightsim that sadly soon i will jump to another flight sim where that aircraft already exist there and all the simulator gives full realistic experience with real weather, atc, etc.

Sehe ich genauso,

was nützt mir ein neues Flugzeug und Pushback,wenn ich den Flug und Pushback nicht über den Fluglotsen anmelden kann.

Und es ist echt langweilig nur von A nach B zu Fliegen,ohne eine Kommunikation in der Luft oder am Bodene!!!