Brakes and Rudder slider release on hold

• I (and many other people from numerous threads) have a problem with the sliders.

When braking, the slider resets to 0% even when holding it.

When turning left or right, the slider returns very close to the center.

I've had this problem since the 2022 version on some occasions, but its happening every single flight in the 2023 version

(Also, when holding the throttle slider and attempting to look around the cockpit, it zooms instead, which was not a problem at all in the 2022 version)

Video showcasing it:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Timestamps:

0:30 is the thrust problem

1:12 is the rudder problem

1:31 is the zoom problem

Despite the bugs, Aerofly FS 2023 is my preferred flight simulator on mobile, and the devs did a very good job. I just want to point out some things that they could fix for the 2024 version.

Edited once, last by ZK Aviation (November 16, 2023 at 9:35 PM).

• We are not sure what is causing this issue. We have done some tests and funny enough on the same device different users observe different results. E.g. one user operates the sliders and they stay where they are. Then another user on the exact same device is seeing the sliders return to neutral position even with his fingers not moving.

It seems like for some reason the system is sending a touch up event though the finger is down.

We are currently trying to find a work around for this issue.

• We are not sure what is causing this issue. We have done some tests and funny enough on the same device different users observe different results. E.g. one user operates the sliders and they stay where they are. Then another user on the exact same device is seeing the sliders return to neutral position even with his fingers not moving.

It seems like for some reason the system is sending a touch up event though the finger is down.

It actually depends the planes concerned.

Aviationly,

SkyX

• Is it possible to set the sensitivity of touch detection in software? Sorry for the stupid question, but I'm interested.

We need to find a work around that works for everyone out of the box. This probably means ignoring some sporadic touch inputs sent to Aerofly from the operating system.

It's quite funny though that we have different results on the exact same device depending on the user. I guess the aircraft already detect my presents or something and don't want to cooperate.

Ah I understand

• It's quite funny though that we have different results on the exact same device depending on the user. I guess the aircraft already detect my presents or something and don't want to cooperate.

It seems that the rudder slider ALWAYS goes back to center on SEVERAL AIRCRAFT if the yaw does not reach ~50%. If the 50% pivot is exceeded, it remains in the pivoted position even with a smaller pivot. This behavior is similar to the operation of a brake slide.

Tested:
    Ec135, Uh60, Robinson, Cessna, Concorde, Fokker Dr1.

Note:
    This phenomenon also occurs with the Af2020 and Af2022, but for these, it is enough to turn the side rudder by 10-20% to stop it.

Device: iPad 9th gen

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.