HK - VHHH(ex) KAI TAK AIRPORT online

• Thank you very much ApfelFlieger for this wonderful work in Hong Kong! :love: It's fantastic to be back there.:thumbup:

However, two little things that are a little annoying are the landings galore, we have almost no room for maneuver, they stick to our butts,^^ and regarding the speed limit, in my opinion, they drank too much sake :D

I remember that on FS2, Colin brunnobellic had explained that we could reduce in a file by one or two units concerning the speed on the highway in Insbruck for example, but I don't know exactly anymore, which file and which line?:/

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Moin Pascal,

thank you for liking it. 😁

Let's see if I can control the speed on the streets with the helicopter 🚗🚓🚁.:/ The sailboats are also traveling a little too fast for me.

I will later publish the setting options with which both the circulation frequencies and the circulation speeds can be adjusted.

Tschüss, Michael

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• The animations in Hong Kong are now better adjusted:

• Carousel:
      - The carousel rotates at 6 rpm - no one gets sick.
    • Sailboats:
      - The four sailboats sail at ~8 or ~10 kt -- depending on the local wind.
    • Hong Kong Ferries:
      - The well-known ferries now run at ~10 kt - enough time to relax..
    • Container Ship:
      - The container ship is also only allowed to travel at 10 kt when traveling in the area.
    • Cars:
      - In the city the speed is now ~55 km/h (kph) / ~35 mph.
      - The speed on the highway is now 93 km/h (kph) / ~58 mph.

The animated air traffic is also adapted:

• The flight speed is now only 150 kt, the minimum for the five aircrafts.
    • This roughly results in these time windows for takeoffs and landings:
      - 00:00 - 00:30
      - 00:30 - 00:50 landing Concorde
      - 00:50 - 01:30
      - 01:30 - 01:50 landing aircraft
      - 01:50 - 03:30
      - 03:30 - 03:50 landing aircraft
      - 03:50 - 09:10
      - 09:10 - 09:30 landing B747
      - 09:30 - 10:30
      - 10:30 - 10:50 landing aircraft

I'm attaching the two corrected files for those of us who are more experienced to test.:)

If it fits, I will adjust the overall packages tomorrow.

• The animations in Hong Kong are now better adjusted:

Many thanks Michael, everything is perfect, and the community in Hong Kong has become more disciplined :D

Except at certain times, towards Victoria Bay, surveillance of a sailboat was required.:/

The detailed table is really appreciated.:thumbup::)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• ...Is there anyway to add SID's / STAR's etc so we can navigate to/from Kai Tak or is this imbedded in the AFS4 core navigation files?

At this point I'm still not sure how to solve this.:/

- I can imagine that Jet-Pack (IPACS) can help here?
    - Maybe a mission would also be helpful?
    - And I want to see whether a fictitious runway as an extension of the checkerboard is helpful as an approach aid.

And I'm also missing the approach lighting RW13 in the curve, so maybe I can use some navigation signals there.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

And I'm also missing the approach lighting RW13 in the curve, so maybe I can use some navigation signals there.

The first test shows: This should work.😆

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• The reason is relatively simple:
    In the original, VHHH KAI TAK INTL AIRPORT was decommissioned in 1998 and VHHH CHEK LAP KOK AIRPORT was put into operation instead.
    In the simulation, IPACS therefore also saved the correct data from today under VHHH.

In contrast to reality, IPACS would now have to record the data from KAI TAK AIRPORT under a different ICAO code such as VHHX. The highlight would be if the IGS were programmed for RW13 instead of ILS. In my opinion, it would be enough to set up a fictitious ILS on the CheckerBoard.

However, I understand if IPACS does not want to make this effort at the moment because other points are more important.

I'm currently successfully working on at least supporting the approach with an optical light guide like the one in reality.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• The reason is relatively simple:
    In the original, VHHH KAI TAK INTL AIRPORT was decommissioned in 1998 and VHHH CHEK LAP KOK AIRPORT was put into operation instead.
    In the simulation, IPACS therefore also saved the correct data from today under VHHH.

In contrast to reality, IPACS would now have to record the data from KAI TAK AIRPORT under a different ICAO code such as VHHX. The highlight would be if the IGS were programmed for RW13 instead of ILS. In my opinion, it would be enough to set up a fictitious ILS on the CheckerBoard.

However, I understand if IPACS does not want to make this effort at the moment because other points are more important.

I'm currently successfully working on at least supporting the approach with an optical light guide like the one in reality.

I understand now, thanks. It will certainly be great to have a proper Kai Tak airport in the sim. Thank you for your mod, it is really fun to do the approaches!

• Non-standard buildings are stored in the "poi" directory in FS 4, as is the case with "toulouse_city", for example:

But I haven't yet looked into how this works for us users.

So far I have inserted buildings from FS 2 as part of airport files.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• I have uploaded a new version of VHHH(ex) KAI TAK INTL AIRPORT:

This contains the tower beacon light as well as the approach lighting of the RW13 located in the curve.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

Edited once, last by ApfelFlieger (January 29, 2024 at 9:20 PM).

• I have also uploaded a new version of Hong Kong-AddOn:

The EDITION 2024-01-09 unfortunately led to many error entries in the tm.log file.:( The revised EDITION 2024-01-09 only has 2 errors caused by the building "city_intl_trade_exhibition_centre"; the 3D container ships in the harbor were left out and the harbor cranes were converted to XREF (and their number was almost doubled).:)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• And last but not least, I uploaded 1 airport and 26 heliports for Hong Kong:

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• The integration of heliports and traffic is great, thanks Michael! Too bad the ground in this city is completely shattered.;(

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

• Perhaps an expert in elevation mesh can help better map the topography of Hong Kong.:/

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations: