HK - VHHH(ex) KAI TAK AIRPORT online

• I had announced that I would create the legendary KAI TAK airfield in Hong Kong for FS4.:)

On March 6th, 2021 brunnobellic released a version for FS2 (https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…ta-for-testing/). This was quickly adapted (but I haven't published it yet).

Since I wanted it to be closer to the former reality, I started to recreate KAI TAK based on old plans. Since there are no IMAGES as a base, I unfortunately have to redesign it, which takes more time than originally estimated.

I have found my system of using the available lines, buildings and starting positions as tools to build as realistically as possible. And so I'm now getting better and better at making rapid progress. The structure of the western part is already finished, the eastern part is in the process of being built.

But I don't know yet whether I'll be able to achieve my goal of having the eastern part structurally completed by tomorrow evening (Christmas Eve).

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• It's so stormy over Germany at the moment that Santa Claus just dropped the BETA version of KAI TAK INTL AIRPORT from his sleigh;). I will post the airfield in Flight-Sim.org when it is sufficiently developed. But maybe some people might enjoy testing something over the holidays.

Have fun and Merry Christmas. 🎄

• ApfelFlieger December 24, 2023 at 3:55 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “HK - VHHH KAI TAK AIRPORT on approach (SPOILER)” to “HK - VHHH KAI TAK AIRPORT on approach (BETA)”.
  • I'll try to simulate IGS approach too — let's see if it works.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

• There is a new BETA version that now includes all surfaces and lines, and the lighting is also ready. All that's missing now are the static objects that make an airport endearing.Over the next few days I'll try to get the terminal building even better.

When approaching the RW13, the really annoying high-rise buildings are hidden. The CHECKER BOARD is indicated, but unfortunately almost impossible to see, I still have to get to it here too.

Have fun trying out this beta version. I think that I will be able to upload the final version to Flight-sim.org in a few days.

• Thanks Michael! Very nice integration of the airport, however if I may, personally with natural grass would be even better :)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Thanks for the tip about the tower view, I still have to adjust the height, direction and position by hand.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• I just noticed that in VHHX the tower view doesn't work, but corresponds to the flyby view.:/

I'll have to see if this has something to do with VHHX or if there's a general error here. Until recently I was able to add the tower view manually in a TAP file.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• So, before KAI TAK INTL with landing and taking off animated planes will be coming soon, today there is an add-on that concerns the city and the port:

Have fun with it.:)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• Dear fans of KAI TAK INTL AIRPORT, which grass color should I choose?:/

I placed the 7 possible grass areas on the water surface of the KAI TAK APROACH CHANNEL:

This is what it looks like when enlarged (numbering from left to right: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7):

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

Edited once, last by ApfelFlieger (January 9, 2024 at 9:29 PM).

• Personally Michael, I go for 7, the most natural appearance and which looks like real grass. ;)

If it's like this one in the picture :)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Now KAI TAK INTL AIRPORT looks like this:

I think tomorrow I'll finish KAI TAK INTL AIRPORT with animated air traffic, checkerboard and passenger terminal (all from @brunnobellic's FS2 project).8)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• VHHH(ex) KAI TAK INTL AIRPORT is online:8)

More airfields and helipads will soon follow in Hong Kong, a start has already been made::)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

Edited once, last by ApfelFlieger (January 10, 2024 at 7:05 PM).

• ApfelFlieger January 10, 2024 at 7:00 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “HK - VHHH KAI TAK AIRPORT on approach (BETA)” to “HK - VHHH(ex) KAI TAK AIRPORT online”.