Mouse Stutter/Vibration when panning. (Cockpit)

• admin

1. The FPS is very high I don’t have an exact number but the simulator itself is smooth. The setting does not make any difference in this case.

2. Tried both windowed and full screen. I use full screen.

3. Windows 11. No additional software running.

4. Via usb. I tried switching ports and did not resolve the issue.

Additionally I tried switching the DPI of the EXE which did not work. Then I tried switching the poll rate of my mouse which also did not work. I tried every graphical option which did not work.

admin on Aerofly FS 2 this problem is non existent.

Edited 2 times, last by Jet-Pack (IPACS): Merged a post created by Val_s into this post. (March 14, 2024 at 7:07 PM).

• Ok, we will check the two project again to see if there is any difference at all. Mouse stuttering in Windows games is a huge topic and depends on a lot of factors. I am not saying it's not our fault, but there are so many different things involved, it's hard to track down.

When you observe the mouse pointer in Aerofly FS 4 ( without panning the view ), does it 'stutter' as well or look as if it isn't moving precisely?

Does it look the same in Aerofly FS 2?

And just to confirm again, have you installed any special software for your mouse or is any software running in the background besides Aerofly FS 4? You might want to check with the task manager?

Open the task manager and watch the CPU usage. Now when you move the mouse in Aerofly FS 4, do you see any significant changes while moving the mouse or when keeping it still?

If possible, please also send us the file called tm.log ( located in Documents/Aerofly FS 4 ) and send us a list of apps running in the task manager, don't post it here, rather send it via email mail(at)ipacs.de.

• admin The mouse is “laggy” from the start of the menu in ASF4. In ASF2 it is not laggy at all when opening the simulator and does not cause any stuttering effect in the cockpit view. I have no other apps open and the CPU usage is very low. I don’t know why but it’s something specifically with Aerofly 4. Because even in the menu the mouse does not look smooth.

CPU usage stays at 13%

And I am emailing you the log.

Edited once, last by Jet-Pack (IPACS): Merged a post created by Val_s into this post. (March 15, 2024 at 6:10 AM).

• I'd like to provide an update on an ongoing issue I've encountered. Despite efforts from both myself and the support team, a solution remains elusive. I strongly believe this issue stems from a flaw within the simulator itself, rather than a problem with my system. After closely examining numerous YouTube videos, I've observed the same problem persisting across various setups. Even when navigating the menu in Aerofly, the mouse movement appears choppy, which is perplexing given my 240Hz monitor. Interestingly, neither Aerofly FS 2 nor MSFS exhibit this issue. It's imperative that this discrepancy is investigated further.

• Hi,

Your problem remains surprising, especially with the configuration of your PC.

Concerning myself, I have not yet had such problems as you describe, apart from a few rare times a slowdown of the mouse pointer on the main menu.

And yet my config is much lower than yours ;)

You can also see the note below of my current config

I'm thinking more of a problem with your mouse or one of the USB connectors.

By chance, have you ever done a test with a wireless mouse?

And another thing, speaking of MSFS, I've been experiencing problems lately that are much more serious than pointer stuttering.

And I don't think this is a flaw in the FS4 simulator

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

Edited once, last by Tomfa (March 20, 2024 at 8:12 AM).

• We have done some investigation but haven't really found a possible solution yet, sorry.

On all our test systems we simply cannot reproduce the issue. The mouse moves smooth and there is no stuttering whatsoever.

It must be something very specific to your system setup and how Aerofly FS 4 works that gives you this issue. I am not saying it's not Aerofly FS 4 fault, but it's unclear what might cause this problem.

We will do further tests.

• was haben Sie für eine Grafikkarte???????????????????????

I would also ask myself the question, what monitor characteristic does it have? Not the refresh rate, but rather the (Response time 0.0...?)

This can sometimes also have an impact with the triggering of the mouse, that said, this mainly concerns fast games, which is far from the case here, but any hypothesis cannot be ruled out.

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Val_s: Sorry, you can't really mix files with FS 2 and 4. FS 4 is a major new development. As for the mouse stuttering, we are sorry, but we just don't see what might be the reason. When searching the internet, you find numerous users experiencing these issues, but it's not clear what is really causing it. It seems to be a very delicate connection between the monitor, mouse, CPU and operating system and operating system settings. Again, we are not ruling out it's not FS 4 fault, but comparing our projects just doesn't show us any clue.

As a last idea, can you tell us your exact monitor type and settings ( refresh rate ) and let us know if you have enabled any display scaling settings within Windows 11?