IPACS, GCRR-Lanzarote blurred surface?

• IPACS, why does GCRR-Lanzarote have a blurred surface? Is this an oversight?

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• I think the source images are blurred in that particular area. Some military airports have this.

@Jet-Pack, I think you are wrong.

Because since the 70s this Air Base no longer exists, and over the years has become a public airport.

Also, what source does the image come from?

The last time I saw a blurry image of Lanzarote was at FSX.

For the rest, nothing to report, all the other islands are perfect. Thank you for that! :thumbup:

Except, if it's only at the North airport of Tenerife, where the land at the back of the terminal is a bit rough.

And if I may add, still this problem of unevenness at La Gomera? I think the inclination surface is too pronounced compared to reality.

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

Edited once, last by Tomfa (April 7, 2024 at 9:20 PM).

• Here is Taburet version, like that of IZ0JUB JUB without any blurred parts.

However the IPACS texture color is more homogeneous and more real ;)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

Edited 2 times, last by Tomfa (April 8, 2024 at 1:16 PM).

• This is what I wanted to hear from IPACS, but apparently not very expressive.

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

• Whenever I had a blurry image that I couldn't replace with others, I just thought of something and painted it photorealistically. That didn't really correspond to reality, but it looked better and no one noticed anyway.

• Whenever I had a blurry image that I couldn't replace with others, I just thought of something and painted it photorealistically. That didn't really correspond to reality, but it looked better and no one noticed anyway.

Another way (that I do often use with XPlane orthos) is to take a screenshot of the same area with another unblurred source (choosing the source with the closest colours) and use it as one "upper" mask in Photofiltre or Photoshop or any photo editor able to manage masks, the image I want to correct being the lower mask. So I make a good superposition using transparency and I erase all the areas of the new image except the blurred part of the image I want to correct. After that I adjust the colours of the remaining part of the upper mask and it generally fits perfect...

But .dds files are easier to edit in a built X-Plane's ortho than AFS4 files because with AFS you need to correct images before using geoconvert (i.e. you have to know the parts you have to correct which is not always true)

Edited once, last by Toorop (April 22, 2024 at 1:25 AM).

• Et ici concernant le problème de Lanzarote, seul IPACS pourrait éventuellement corriger le tir sur cette partie floutée.

And here regarding the Lanzarote problem, only IPACS could possibly correct the situation on this blurred part.

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

• Et ici concernant le problème de Lanzarote, seul IPACS pourrait éventuellement corriger le tir sur cette partie floutée.

And here regarding the Lanzarote problem, only IPACS could possibly correct the situation on this blurred part.

En fait, non : on pourrait imaginer de recréer une image avec ArcGis (pour avoir la même colorimétrie) et corriger l'image de l'aéroport avant de lancer GeoConvert avec ma méthode ou celle de Schuffelduffel

In fact it could be possible to fix it creating images with ArcGis (to get the same colours) and correct the airport area images either with my method described above or with Schnuffelduffel's one before using Geoconvert...

• Très bonne idée, cependant cette scène ne sera plus auto généré dans Aerofly FS?

Very good idea, however this scene will no longer be auto-generated in Aerofly FS?

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

• Très bonne idée, cependant cette scène ne sera plus auto généré dans Aerofly FS?

Very good idea, however this scene will no longer be auto-generated in Aerofly FS?

Si : le décor auto généré subsite à part l'image sous l'image haute résolution : le fait de créer une image n'affecte pas le reste de la scène, l'image de résolution supérieure se superpose seulement à l'image fournie par le décor de base, en streaming ou pas

Jean-Paul