flight plans

• Hi, ive been flight simming for a while now jumping across simulator to simulator. What most have in common is you being able to save your flight plans or routes. I very well know you devs have a lot on your plate right now. But, do you guys think you can add a way to save previous flight plans for easy access? I like to plan my flights according to real world flights which use alot of waypoints and fixes. It kind of sucks having to put in every little waypoint back in when you want a new flight.

• There is this unofficial tool to save a flight plan, but for me it doesn't seem to save the Sid and Stars.

Aerofly Missionsgerät (fboes.github.io)

As the author of the Missionsgerät I have to admit that I never finished the SID / STAR part, as there was a small mismatch between names in Aerofly and real life naming. But I am always interested in improving the Missionsgerät.

Where do you get your flight plans from, or are these files from Aerofly's main mcf? Do you have a demonstration flight plan? I might look up how convert this properly.

• There is this unofficial tool to save a flight plan, but for me it doesn't seem to save the Sid and Stars.

Aerofly Missionsgerät (fboes.github.io)

I just checked what back than my problem was with the procedure waypoints: Obviously they have no coordinates in the main.mcf - and they will not be restored on entering a custom missions. This seems also to be true for the custom missions supplied by IPACS itself, as there are many missions with "approach" waypoints which will not be restored.

Jet-Pack (IPACS) Am I wrong that custom missions are not able to restore waypoints of type <[string8u][type][approach]> to the flightplan? (In the original files there are no departures and arrivals.) I tried "Tutorial Flight Cessna 172" which has a "I07" approach, which does not seem to load.

• New
    • Official Post

I just checked what back than my problem was with the procedure waypoints: Obviously they have no coordinates in the main.mcf - and they will not be restored on entering a custom missions. This seems also to be true for the custom missions supplied by IPACS itself, as there are many missions with "approach" waypoints which will not be restored.

Jet-Pack (IPACS) Am I wrong that custom missions are not able to restore waypoints of type <[string8u][type][approach]> to the flightplan? (In the original files there are no departures and arrivals.) I tried "Tutorial Flight Cessna 172" which has a "I07" approach, which does not seem to load.

Yes, that is an issue with the route but unfortunately I don't have access to that code to fix it myself.

Regards,

Jan