• Well, the usual way: cut the power, slow down, pull up and full rudder (sometimes I add aileron in the opposite direction). It seems that at best I get into a spiral. It seems as if the airplane is still able to fly even after being stalled (the ailerons seems to keep control way beyond the stall). It's the same if I try with other planes as well.
    Actually, now that I think about, also the stall is a bit weird: the nose does not drop the way it does in real life. It is more of a buffeting than a nose-dive.

Thanks,
    Silvo

• The reason we set up the aircraft for the mobile version, the way they are is, that more than 95% of the users would not be able to fly those models properly if we would set them up with more deflection. Only a small number of users would be able to use and appreciate it, if the models would be set up with more deflection.

If you really want to experience the flight model of aerofly FS, you should take a look at our desktop version. This version features a setup that allows you to fly a spin.

• You have the Cessna and an envelope protected Airbus for the 95%. They are and easy to fly and suit people without any experience really well. Like in real life, accessebility should be reached with a broad collection of aircraft (which you have) and not with compromises regarding realism with individual aircraft. If someone becomes frustrated flying the Extra because he can not fly the Cessna properly, flight sims are not his kind of game. Not on any platform. No reason to compromise the quality of your product (for flight sims=realism) there.

• You have the Cessna and an envelope protected Airbus for the 95%. They are and easy to fly and suit people without any experience really well. Like in real life, accessebility should be reached with a broad collection of aircraft (which you have) and not with compromises regarding realism with individual aircraft. If someone becomes frustrated flying the Extra because he can not fly the Cessna properly, flight sims are not his kind of game. Not on any platform. No reason to compromise the quality of your product (for flight sims=realism) there.

100% agree!

The same applies to the PC version.

Best regards

Marc

• I agree too. It is impossible to create a simulator to suit everyone. I personally would like to see one aircraft with more functionality for those of us with experience. In particular I would like to be able to turn things off and, change freqs and squaks and control prop and mixture as well as throttle.

• Actually, I'm not sure whether it si just a problem of elevator deflection: I found that in very specific conditions (above 50k) it is possible to put the F18 in an inverted flat spin, and that at that height the ailerons at low speed (<70knots) are not effective. Below that height, the ailerons maintain control even at 20knots (couldn't get slower), which is quite strange. I tested all the other aircrafts at 33k, and it seems that,no matter how slow you fly, the ailerons retain control. This suggests that the wings are still flying: even if the elevator can't deflect enough, most aircrafts shouldn't be able to maintain control at that speed.

Silvo

• Official Post

The airspeed is only secondary in a stall. You do not stall because you are flying to slow, you stall because you fly at an angle of attack greater than the stall angle so the airflow seperates. The aircraft is not nessesarily in a stall if you fly "to slow". If you dont put any load in the Wings, e.g. you fly a proper parable you still have full response in the controls at zero g. The aircraft reacts slower because the lift force is weaker at that airspeed but you can still control the aircraft in some matter. You are limted in changing your flight path at that point...

Speed only comes in to account if you try to fly level and steady. You need a certain airspeed to create enough lift to maintain level flight without doubts.

One more thing to stalls: if you fly faster than the stall speed for level flight you can still stall the airplane. If you put to much load on a wing / increase your angle of attack above the stall angle you'll find yourself in a stall - a so called speed stall.

So regarding your posting: its actually right that the aircrafts still show reactions to your control inputs.
    The question is: Are you able to maintain level flight? (not losing any altitude or speed)

Please also consider the effects of the thin air on the speed indicator! Less air pressure results in a slower indicated airspeed. You are actually going faster than indicated. (Maybe read a little about indicated airspeed, true airspeed, etc.)

Bestes, Jan

• You are absolutely right.
    Since it is rather difficult to infer the AOA, I looked at the reaction of the ailerons while decreasing the speed, few moments before the onset of a condition with less than 1g (of course this is possible only on some of the aircrafts). In short: as I wrote above, the only one with what I considered a proper response was the F18 (of course I'm not sure whether what I see is aileron control or some strange interplay between the ailerons and the elevons). All other planes just kept full control of the roll.

S

• Well, in the previous version was not possible (the best you could get was a spiral, and even stalling wasn't a real stall)... I wonder whether they have fixed the control of the deflection in the new version...

• I have tried to spin the C172 from "power on stall" but will not behave as in real live. But I don't think any sim out there will do it. Anyway, from all the sims I have tried, Aerofly is the best! As a matter of fact, in Aerofly 2, most aircrafts appears to do "ground effect" on landing. Maybe I am mistaken :) Happy flying.