Here is something I just posted on Steam: might as well post it here too.
While doing various tests with Aerofly FS 2 yesterday I noticed something odd which is reproducable on my PC. I was testing the fps in a certain heavy situation. FPS was 170 which was rather disappointing for the test I was doing. A while later I decided to do the test once more and suddenly the FPS was 220...! That is a BIG difference of around 30%! After that the fps stayed 220 so I thought it was just something of those things that can happen.
However, today I did the test again and AGAIN fps was 170! So I decided to check out what causes this. Well, it turns out that is has something to do with switching planes. This works 9 out of 10 times on my PC:
1. select the Cessna, start a flight (best standing still on a runway)
2. quit AFS2
3. restart AFS2 and directly click on Start (so without changing planes or anything)
4. quit AFS2 so you have done a 'complete' AFS2 session without swithing planes or anything
5. restart AFS2 and directly switch to the Airbus, start a flight
6. note fps
7. quit AFS2
8. restart AFS2, directly click on Start and note fps again
On my PC, with specific settings this results in a 30% fps difference between step 6 en 8. Maybe there is something wrong with how a plane loads or reloads in sessions or between sessions or...? Anyway, something is wrong. Seems that if you want to be certain that fps is best, you should maybe restart the entire sim after switching planes...